Christmas Romance!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
Share your Christmas romance stories here! Just remember--PG-13! :angel:

My story may not seem romantic to some of you, but my first Christmas Eve with James was so romantic to me.

My mom had just died a couple weeks before Christmas 2000, so it was kind of a weird Christmas for me anyway. Well, I had already bought tickets to go meet James face-to-face for the first time (we had met online 9 months before), so I arrived in Iowa on December 17th. James's car was out of commission, and he also had to work most of the days I was there, so we ended up running around shopping a lot on Christmas Eve. Also, he was out of clothes, so our last stop for the day (around midnight) was the laundromat. We were the only ones there. We spent our first Christmas Eve together wrapping gifts and talking as the clothes washed and dried. I know that doesn't sound romantic, but it really was! The following Christmas Eve, 2001, was the day James arrived in South Carolina when he moved down here.

:)Barbara

Last year I went to VA to spend Christmas and New Years with a good friend. Christmas morning we were up bright and early to drive to MA to spend Christmas with his family. His truck broke down within a few minutes, so we went back to the Inn where he works. Spent the day, just the two of us, in the kitchen, and watching old classic holiday movies. Had a wonderful pheasant supper, and got engaged.

Barb, I'm sure doing laundry together can be very romantic!!!! Just like watching old movies.:)

Last edited:
Nice thread!

My first Christmas with OH we had a real dilemma who to spend it with. My family are Christian, his aren't, but he was the only person in his family wo could cook, and Christmas has become a pretty cross cultural family time. So the comprimise was that together we cooked Christmas lunch for his family, in London, then, got in the car and drove to my family in the west country and ate Christmas dinner there. We were crying with how full we were! Luckily we cooked turkey for his family and had the more traditional goose with mine. Otherwise it would have been almost total rerun of the same meal! We were almost the only people on the road, and it was quite romantic having the middle of the day to ourselves like that, and it was nce and unusual, to be cooked fo having slaved over a stove earlier in the day. I did, for my family, a paired down 4 course meal at his house...with him....my mother showed no mercy, our stomachs had to compress for her standard 7 courses. The next day, Boxing Day, I took DH to a Boxing day hunting meet, unsure how he'd take to it, being resolutely un countryfied, but he liked it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom