Christmas Songs.....What your favorite?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
YT2095 said:
does anyone know if it was The Carpenters that did a version of "Sleigh Ride"?

coz that song rocks too :)
That's right YT, the Carpenters did sing it. They are one of my favourite singers

Well, I don't want to be a spoilsport (really!), but my favourite Christmas song is the last one! I quite enjoy them at first, but repeated playing on the radio, television and in shops drives me batty after a bit.

Snoop Puss said:
Well, I don't want to be a spoilsport (really!), but my favourite Christmas song is the last one! I quite enjoy them at first, but repeated playing on the radio, television and in shops drives me batty after a bit.

You've got to admit, folks ... she's got a point!

Generally I don't like Christmas music because of the singing. But being in an orchestra I used to tune out all the other sounds to make sure I would play the crazy runs in time without getting mixed up with the violins doing the offbeat or something. So when I listen to music with singing, I just tune out the vocals and listen to the music. I would have to say......hmm... If I could only remember the name.... is it... We three gentlemen?... I'm trying...:LOL:
I don't know many of the names to begin with.

My favorite is Ave Maria. The rendition I like the best is sung by the lead singer of Sound Garden or it might be David Groal (sp) of the Foo Fighters of all people. It came off a CD that had a variety of Rock Artists singing Christmas songs. It gives me chills when I hear it and I don't even understand the words.

Merry Christmas,

JDP

I always loved "O Holy Night" and its ethereal melody, the version sang by the Vienna Boys is particularly beautiful.

I am also very fond of the Nutcracker Suite and Ave Maria around this season. Really gets me into the mood.

And yeah, don't forget "Grandma got run over by the reindeer"!!!:LOL:

The Z said:
Blue Christmas - as sung by Porky Pig

I also like "I'll Be Home for Christmas"... and "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear"... and "Little Drummer Boy"... and "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas".

But I swear... if I hear "Jingle Bell Rock" one more time I'm goin' postal.

:ROFLMAO::LOL: - This is just too funny. I am laughing so hard that I have tears in my eyes. Karma for this coming your way!!!!

goboenomo said:
Generally I don't like Christmas music because of the singing. But being in an orchestra I used to tune out all the other sounds to make sure I would play the crazy runs in time without getting mixed up with the violins doing the offbeat or something. So when I listen to music with singing, I just tune out the vocals and listen to the music. I would have to say......hmm... If I could only remember the name.... is it... We three gentlemen?... I'm trying...:LOL:
I don't know many of the names to begin with.

This is bugging me. I can't think of the name.

JDP said:
My favorite is Ave Maria. The rendition I like the best is sung by the lead singer of Sound Garden or it might be David Groal (sp) of the Foo Fighters of all people. It came off a CD that had a variety of Rock Artists

JDP

Now that I recovered from my brain fart I remembered. It is Chris Cornell from Sound Garden. The guy's voice is amazing.

Merry Christmas,

What's my name again...I'l get back to on that

I also forgot to menion

Do they Know It's Christmas Time by Band Aid

AND

Something About Christmas Time by Bryan Adams.

I have held off on answering this because there is so much beautiful Christmas music, and I love it all.
For me, Handel's Messiah is really the best of the best of the best. I have sung in two local performances...lyric soprano. The music moves me to tears.

As far secular music is concerned, Nat King Cole's The Christmas Song (chestnuts roasting) is my favorite.

But then, so is Happy Christmas (War is Over) by John Lennon.

Rockin around the Christmas Tree - Brenda Lee
White Christmas and It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas - Bing Crosby
Holly Jolly Christmas- Burl Ives
All I want for Christmas is you - Mariah Carey
Louisiana Christmas- Aaron Neville

middie, I will have to look for the Seger version cuz I love his music

Mudbug I hope you find it. It's beautifully done.

boufa06 said:
Is it We Three Kings?
No... I know it's Gentlemen for sure....
Thanks

My buddy who is playing it in the school band just told me.
It's God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom