Christmas Trees 2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GG, you have a nice nutcracker collection! Are they gifts from your exchange students, souvenirs from your own travels, a combination of each? Love them!

I sure am enjoying all of your trees! I was feeling a little bah-humbugy when we were at home (mopey, I guess, with SIL moving...) and only popped up a small Alpine tree in the sun room the night before we left. It has a 35-light snowflake string of lights and about 20 Precious Moments globe ornaments that my Mom would get us every year until she had her heart surgery. Loverly has been too busy, but she has her 6' tree in the corner, fully lit...and not one ornament on it! Still looks festive. :heart:

Thanks for sharing GG. Your home looks wonderful with all the lovely decorations.

I love a vintage home like yours, and you did a great job of keeping that feeling.

Thanks so much, Andy, CG and Kay! I've had difficulty getting into the spirit the past few years, but as soon as DH brings down the tree and a box of ornaments from the attic, I start to feel it more.

CG, we collected the nutcrackers from a store that used to be in the mall - can't remember the name. We would go after Christmas and buy one or two every year on sale ;) We both have German ancestry, so they're fun.

My daughter STILL puts up her silver tree. Not one branch missing or damaged.

When the grandkids were all small, I would put the up the artificial tree and get all the lights on right after Thanksgiving dinner was cleaned up.

The next day all the grandkids would show up and put up all the wooden decorations. Including the wooden train garland. (Better safe than sorry.) No glass ornaments at all. The bottom of tree was always a mess since the youngest kids did that part. But I never changed or moved one item. It was their tree, and should they come by before Christmas, I didn't want them to think I didn't like it. In fact I treasured every tree, every year. You can see the progression of improvement from the pictures over the years. Now it is the time of great grandkids. Unfortunately, the family is spread out and I am lucky if they show up on Christmas day. I would rather they come the day before. I hate that the parents are ripping the kiddies away from their presents just to go see an old lady they hardly know or even remember.

This is the VERY FIRST Christmas that I have nothing to show. Not even a fake snowflake. I can't go anywhere there are stairs. So I sit here hoping that tomorrow, I will get to see one grandchild and two great grandkids.

The decorations all of you have shown are so lovely. I will live with my memories through your pictures. Thank you all for sharing.

Here's another one for you Addie. I hope your family stops by for a nice visit.

Ignore the weird light splotches. My way over priced phone decided to crack its camera lens out of the blue. Grrrrr. Though it does add interesting highlights at times.

20181225_033819.jpg

Last edited:
Here's another one for you Addie. I hope your family stops by for a nice visit.

Ignore the weird light splotches. My way over priced phone decided to crack its camera lens out of the blue. Grrrrr. Though it does add interesting highlights at times.

View attachment 32719

Very pretty in spite of your phone not cooperating.

I finally got rid of that dang pine tree my daughter bought for me. I don't know what she was thinking. I live in a studio apartment. She told me she wanted me to decorate it. It was a LIVE tree and growing in the pot.

My next door neighbor fell in love with it, so I gave it to her as a Christmas gift. I don't think at 95 years of age, she didn't think of the future.

We tried a live tree when I was a kid. It was great the first year, then it grew another foot the next year and wouldn't fit in the house. It ended up just living in the yard in a big planter.

Back
Top Bottom