Coffee Grinds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ella/TO

Sous Chef
Forgive me....I don't have the patience to go searching....but, do you put your grinds in the garbage or down the sink drain. Now, I'm not into composting, being in a condo, plus, do not have a disposal, for the same reason, so, let's hear it from all you DC people, and thanks in advance:question:

Garbage here too.
My mom has a good system - she has an empty coffee can that she put shelving paper around (so it wouldn't look like an ugly old coffee can), and has the plastic lid beneath it (so the can doesn't leave marks on the tile countertop). Anyway, she keeps this can next to the coffee pot, for the old grounds. When it's full, she empties it into the garbage.

I always thought it was an odd idea till the day my coffee filter broke on the way to the garbage can.

Another idea for coffee grounds: even though you're in a condo, you may have plants that are acid loving, such as camellias, azaleas, etc. They love a good dose now and then (and it keeps cats away too).

Another idea for coffee grounds: even though you're in a condo, you may have plants that are acid loving, such as camellias, azaleas, etc. They love a good dose now and then (and it keeps cats away too).
I didn't know it would keep cats away, jkath. I wonder if it works on raccoons, too?

We don't have a disposal so the grounds can't go there and I would be hesitant to wash them directly down the drain. Fortunately, we do have a compost bin, so that's where the grounds go. Not that there are a lot. We make coffee only once a week during the cold weather months. Not at all during the summer. Guess the coffee industry doesn't depend on us to survive.:LOL:

Either garbage, house plants, or the garden. We have coffee almost everyday, so at some point you can't go piling it up on the plants as it would become too much of a good thing, so then it goes in the garbage. During the summer though there is plenty of garden that doesn't mind having it ;)

Back
Top Bottom