Coke plots 'Sprite with ice' with help of new technology

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
News: Coke plots 'Sprite with ice' with help of new technology - Marketing Week

From article:

Coca-Cola is considering the launch of revolutionary new packaging that will create ice inside a soft drink when it is opened. It is understood it is planning to use the technology to launch a “super cold” variant of Sprite that aims to extend its appeal to the urban youth.

The new drink will be called Sprite Super Chilled and it could be launched in the UK as early as next year. Coke hopes the drink will tap into the trend for super cold alcoholic drinks, particularly beers.

According to industry sources, the bottled drink has to be stored in a purpose-built, developed vending machine that keeps the drink at a certain temperature. When it is purchased, the consumer twists the bottle, which triggers a mechanism inside that creates ice made from the drink, so it is not diluted.

If it didn't have to be stored in a vending machine then I would think it was a great idea.

I don't know... I think my soda out of a vending machine is just fine. I don't think I need some space-age way to make it colder.

Coke hopes the drink will tap into the trend for super cold alcoholic drinks, particularly beers.

According to industry sources, the bottled drink has to be stored in a purpose-built, developed vending machine.

Hmmmm........can't remember the last time I was able to get beer out of a vending machine.

Back
Top Bottom