COLD PROCESS handmade SOAP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love making soap too! I have been making soap since 1994. I learned using "The Art of Soap Making".
Miter has given me some good tips. She introduced me to Castor oil and I cannot use enough of it in my soap. Thanks Miter

Awesome post. I occasionally buy some good soap at the grocer that is cut off of blocks. I love the stuff, but it is so expensive. I would love to make my own.

I have also thought of making my own toothpaste, with baking soda. I've heard you can add those extracts to make any flavor you want.

Anyone do this?

No I don't make toothpaste - I use baking soda with my toothpaste, keeps the teeth squeeky clean.

How I learned to make soap:

I learned from my two sister's (sister ZODOCO) -- after a few times watching, I had it down and started making soap on my own. It is a pretty basic process.
It is important to learn the do's and don'ts... before making soap.
Never use aluminum.

Always keep lye and lye solutions away from kids and pets, wear goggles and keep vinegar handy
Buy a good book on soapmaking and read up on how to make soap - here are some suggestions:

Yes, I make soap, cold processed and remilled (remelted) fragrance free color free and fragranced and colored.
Laundry soap too.
baking soda for teeth, yes that too.

For soap, I like 10-12% coconut oil, 45% veggie oil of some type, 45% lard, it turns out hard, slow melting, fluffy bubbles, I have cured some of it for years, the longer the better up to about 5 years.

Soapmaking is like chemistry in the kitchen, like cooking, to me anyways.

Back
Top Bottom