Columbo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I read that.
83 as I recall.
I hadn't heard or read anything about him in a while. And then last week I read the description of a semi-recent movie that he was in and was surprised he was still alive and making movies. And now he's gone.

"Serpentine. Serpentine." (I loved that movie with him and Alan Arkin. The In-laws or something?) My favorite line.

pacanis said:
I read that.
83 as I recall.
I hadn't heard or read anything about him in a while. And then last week I read the description of a semi-recent movie that he was in and was surprised he was still alive and making movies. And now he's gone.

"Serpentine. Serpentine." (I loved that movie with him and Alan Arkin. The In-laws or something?) My favorite line.

Loved The In-laws. And Colombo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember wood TVs, lol. I don't remember that TV play though.

I remember him in Colombo. I just saw him in an old comedy a while ago, 'Murder by Death." That was a good movie and I had forgotten he was in it.

pacanis said:
I remember wood TVs, lol. I don't remember that TV play though.

Colombo and Baretta, those were the days. And Freddie the cockatoo.

DaveSoMD said:
I remember him in Colombo. I just saw him in an old comedy a while ago, 'Murder by Death." That was a good movie and I had forgotten he was in it.

Murder by Death is a classic. Too Too Twain...

vitauta said:
patrick mcgoohan and now peter falk--they were both unique talents. i'll miss peter falk.

Me, too!

i am so sorry. i will remember you always for all of your superb work. you gave us all countless hours of pure pleasure with your genius finesse and triumph as detective columbo. peter falk, r.i.p.

thank you, dawg--sweet of you. i've been meaning to find some dvd's of his work for some time--perfect time to pay tribute to his artistry and his name.

I loved Columbo, but I think my favourite Peter Falk role was of the Grandfather/narrator in The Princess Bride. The chemistry between him and Fred Ward and his beautiful timing and humour were perfect - such a contrast from his original character and yet played with the same love and attention. Big or small, every role was special to him. He will be missed for sure.

I had to goof off for a few minutes at work and the first thing I did was check the headlines. Peter Falk was dead...I had to close the office door. I loved him in all of his roles, he could make me laugh just looking at the camera. The world is a smaller place with his passing.

just one more thing: we may be democrats or republicans, pro gay marriage or anti gay marriage, pro or anti guns, but one thing we are all in agreement about - nobody didn't not like peter falk. he was our everyman, our underdog who always came out on top, our american treasure. he will be sorely missed across the land.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom