Commercial about Mac

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Did anyone happen to see new commercial with Bill Gates and Jerry Seinfeld? What did you think? I thought it looked kind of amateur. For two successful people to make such a commercial was certainly disappointing. Only my opinion. Would be curious to know what you thought?

Thanks

I think that's what they intended. It's just a "spoof" so to speak. It's not supposed to be serious at all......just "stupid funny" if that makes sense. It's not a serious commercial at all.

Did anyone happen to see new commercial with Bill Gates and Jerry Seinfeld? What did you think? I thought it looked kind of amateur. For two successful people to make such a commercial was certainly disappointing. Only my opinion. Would be curious to know what you thought?

Thanks

I never watch commercials so now I'm curious. Anyone care to explain this one?

I thought it was cute. No one screaming at me - just manchat, and the ending, Bill Gates wagging his tooshy!

2 superpowers on 'Joe Common Man' level.

Best

YOU people are the very BEST ! In my small four cornered world of viewing the tv, I receive my explanation of one commercial! Who could beat that? No one! Thank you all for your opinions. They are so inspiring; makes me want to get better as I grow up. I show my ignorance but no one laughed. Thanks for understanding. Maybe one day someone will show you the same kind of time and knowledge you all gave me. (I even get to see commercial as much as I care to on You Tube. Now that is why I respect technology)

Grateful

I saw it last night.

Had absolutely NO IDEA what it was advertising.

Cute commercial, but a big waste of advertising dollars on me.

I saw it last night.

Had absolutely NO IDEA what it was advertising.

Cute commercial, but a big waste of advertising dollars on me.

It's an ad for Microsoft. Notice the little Microsoft/Windows flag thing at the end and the conversation about Microsoft as they're leaving the store?

Microsoft had decided to pull the ads calling it a "teaser campaign" but they really did bomb. Oh well. It was good clean, if not odd, fun, while it lasted.

There is an article about this ad today in USA Today online.
It was a teaser ad, now the "real" ads come out, or as Microsoft says, chapter II. The ads were about nothing, like Seinfeld's show was about nothing. Now they are going to be more direct in promoting PCs and Windows, to counter Apple's ads of the past couple years dissing PC users as washed up geeks, while Apple users are more hip.

I'm not in advertising, but as a consumer I thought they were a waste of money. It's not like the Superbowl where they string a series of commercials together right then and there. Watching the Gates/Seinfeld commercials without a clue what they were getting at until reading about it today just seemed like a waste to me, but they were entertaining.

It's hard to say if the commercials where a failure or a success without Microsoft coming out and mentioning their intent.

(Yes, I *do* have a degree in advertising laying around somewhere at the house)

It's really dependent on their goal. If it was a product campaign, I would say it failed mightily. However, as a campaign to raise either brand awareness or corporate awareness they very likely hit their targets. Why? Because they've been talking about the ads on the radio when I drive in to work in the morning. We're discussing it here, etc.

I think Microsoft may be in the early stages of trying to "reposition" themselves in the public eye. Sometimes it works, sometimes it fails horribly. Either way, it usually is an interesting process to observe. :cool:

It's an ad for Microsoft. Notice the little Microsoft/Windows flag thing at the end and the conversation about Microsoft as they're leaving the store?
It is actually an ad for Vista if you want to get technical ;)

This ad has generated a ton of interest. I am on a number of forums and almost every single one has a thread about this commercial. I have also heard numerous news stories and podcasts. If their goal was to generate talk then the ad has been highly successful.

Someone once said, and accurately I might add, that there is no such thing as bad publicity. They were right. Even the bad stuff gets your name and face out there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom