Compressor and Parts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragnlaw

Site Team
Staff member
I posted (somewhere) about the hose blowing off while using my compressor. There was no damage that time, but next time I might not be so lucky. Yes, it is just a little plastic hose which won't hurt me (other than my eye) but I am carving egg shells and don't need an insane hose whipping around on the table of shells!

I figure that the hose came off due to excess water as it has been so humid here. The water I drained out of the tank that day was a lot more than normal, it was even spraying thru the air vent of my drill.

Answer:- In-line Air filter to remove water.

But I know nothing and don't understand half the jargon they use. Amazon has so many choices and although not expensive don't want to waste my time or money.

They also don't give details about how or even where on the compressor to attach. I guess they assume I would already know that, :ermm:

So now at the end of this long story - can someone guide me? Please?

Although not this exact model, this is the compressor I have.

Attachments

• 71rU+we9DdL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    71rU+we9DdL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 67
Manuel disappeared in the move, although it may still turn up.

Their website just directs you to their distributers (big box guys).

Guess I'll have to go to Lowe's, Rona or Reno and listen to someone talk in more jargon, pretending he is saying the same words as me but in words I don't understand.

Bah, didn't really want to go out this afternoon - too yechy.

and thanks Andy, I know, I was just being lazy, hoping someone would do it for me. :LOL:

There is nothing in the manual about accessories. Porter Cole uses another site for parts which is extremely hard to navigate, but at any rate doesn't have manuals.

Finally found the manual at a separate site - (manuals on line) but of no help.

Guess I have to just go to the store because there is no way on G's little green earth am I going to try to talk with someone on the phone - even if I were to be fortunate to be able to get someone on the phone!

As I expected!... I knew more than the two staff people trying to help me. Can you believe it!

Young girl, not surprising but she really tried, finally called someone else. Older gentleman, came along and said he had just seen someone else who would know for sure and scuttled off. Came back to say 3 guys in the Contractors area said "humph, you don't put air/water filters on compressors."

So, I point out to the gentleman that they do sell them - one for 36$ and one for 69$, both of which are clearly marked Air/water compressor Filters.

In the end it took another 15 minutes to figure out how and where to attach to the compressor. (with me in the lead of suggestions, I might add)

So purchased a mini air filter, a coupler, and a connector to the tune of $50.
I probably, or my son, have extra couplers and connectors but at this point...
wasn't going to look for them!

Once I get it all together I should do a youtube showing morons like myself I CAN do it. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

oops, edit, with Andy's encouragement. Thanks!

Last edited:
That water eliminator is called an air dryer.

You mentioned shells, don't don't mean pasta right ?

There is no reason for the air in the tank to affect the operation because the air goes one way period. The only way is when it is off and the air can push back up, and then you might get hydrostatic lock. I've a story about that...

The olman had this Datsun pickup. Never held water. Well it was an internal problem. Head gasket for sure. The path to finding that problem was we filled the radiator. Well I saw the water coming up through the carberator.

I said "I think it's full".

Of course we had to remove the plugs to let it pump the water out.

Anyway, to get the air dryer go to a place that sells to local body shops.

If that hose goes again, I say replace the whole thing.

T

No termy - I mean fowl egg shells... chicken, goose, quail egg shells.

and sorry, you are wrong. When the compressor sucks in air to be passed along the tupbe to operate your tool, it also collects the water that is already in the air, if there is enough water in the air it will pass it along and get into your tools.

Under normal conditions the water collects in the bottom of the tank and should be drained each time you are finished. But on really humid days, the water will travel thru the hoses and get into your tool.

Attachments

• 20200112_153638.jpg
    20200112_153638.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 20200511_203003.jpg
    20200511_203003.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 20200511_202853.jpg
    20200511_202853.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 20200506_093829.jpg
    20200506_093829.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 20200506_094018.jpg
    20200506_094018.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 41
I am not wrong, I agree. If the air is really that wet there, that is like Florida air.

I would just get the dryer.

T

Back
Top Bottom