Computer question OK?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am running Vista, Windows Mail. Until recently, all was well re: ataching Jpeg Images to mail, to share...

suddenly, I can still attach "text" type files, but any Jpeg comes through as I think it says "multi part message in Mime format" and is all just Characters..

I tried everything I felt safe doing in " tools, preferences" in Winmail.

Oh, I'm on cable modem, so I don't think it's a Size issue...

Thanks, Eric, Austin Tx.

Sorry, can't answer that one. I mostly use Incredimail. I will use windows email when I right click to send, to send it faster. I've not had that problem, YET, lol. If you can hang on a while, you will get an answer from someone, probably today.

This is on Microsoft website, if any computer people want to translate it to English for us, lol.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa563375(EXCHG.80).aspx

good one. Im not familar with winmail. I use outlook, aol

Check to see under settings if there is a button for the type of text such as html, rich text or plain text. put it on html.

have you tried rebooting the machine?

Another option that might be to clear your cache. in a Internet explorer winto go to tools -> internet options then hit delete all. and then maybe try rebooting the machine.

I had gotten a similar error a long time ago and I dont know what the problem was or how it got fixed. It could be a problem with winmail.

Ill ask around and do some research

I am running Vista, Windows Mail. Until recently, all was well re: ataching Jpeg Images to mail, to share...

suddenly, I can still attach "text" type files, but any Jpeg comes through as I think it says "multi part message in Mime format" and is all just Characters..

I tried everything I felt safe doing in " tools, preferences" in Winmail.

Oh, I'm on cable modem, so I don't think it's a Size issue...

Thanks, Eric, Austin Tx.

If it is big jpg file, in mulitpart, you may have to combine and decode it.

Go to Tools, options, send and somewhere in there, it's going to have html settings. I can't remember exactly what it says, but, it used to have a box to click to make large jpg pics into multiples, instead of one. It will also tell you the max size that the jpg can be. Just look around in tools, you'll find the settings for it.

Stacy, in win mail, as you describe there is tools, options, then send tab... only the choice of HTML or plain text, with some options on encoding...

I tried them all, with (strangely) no changes...

I thought it odd that I could attatch small text or even small PDF, so I re-sized a few jpegs down to under 20kb, and now they go as well...

I am on Road Runner from Time Warner... perhaps they have cut back the size of attatchments, they allow... but Gosh, 20 kb is tiny...

Thanks, Eric, Austin Tx.

Stacy, in win mail, as you describe there is tools, options, then send tab... only the choice of HTML or plain text, with some options on encoding...

I tried them all, with (strangely) no changes...

I thought it odd that I could attatch small text or even small PDF, so I re-sized a few jpegs down to under 20kb, and now they go as well...

I am on Road Runner from Time Warner... perhaps they have cut back the size of attatchments, they allow... but Gosh, 20 kb is tiny...

Thanks, Eric, Austin Tx.

That is strane. Most of mine will max at 2 megs. I would call TW and see if there is something that can be changed.

i use vista BUT im a thunderbird guy.

Is it just pics coming in or ones you send out? If it is just for ones coming in, it might be the person sending them to you. they may have changed there settings lately and maybe winamil is having issues with it. Try sending a jpg to your winmail account from a gmail or comcast account.

I think I have determined it is just my copy of Winmail.

I sent some large attachments from my other computer (it uses Outlook), and received them fine. I also used "webmail" from my provider, it sent large attachments fine.

So it's only when I send mail from my Winmail that I have problems...any thing over 20kb, gets broken into multiple emails full of the "asci"? characters...

I'm stumped, Eric, Austin Tx.

ps. Is there a particular reason to use all these other email programs? Gmail, Hotmail, Thunderbird?
perhaps I have just found it...

Last edited:
i strictly use thunderbird because i have an IMAP server and domain server for the company. so it saves all the email. Using a client is faster than web based mail at times. Email clients are more customizable and can do alot more things.

on the other hand, i use gmail and comcast because i can use them as a online storage for movies/music and what ever files i want. I would rather use gmail than hotmail or yahoo. Thats just me. Im an open source kinda guy..

Back
Top Bottom