Congrats!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I would persnally like to congratulate every person who has participated in any of our Virtual spots, such as the Hottub, or the "He-Man-Woman-Hater's Camp, or any of the virtual bread and breadfast, or restaurants, or cafe's that have sprung up from time to time. Such participation involves two things that too many adults have forgotten how to do; and that is imagine, and play.

As children of the 50's, 60's and 70's, and somewhat for the newer generations, play involved imagination and served to teach us, to develp problem solving skills, to mold our bodies, and to open our minds to new ideas. By actively participating in these forums, we have again activated that important activity that the world tries to supress in adults, that is play, and for no other reason than to have a bit of fun, to take a break from the riggors of daily life.

And so, for those unafraid of play, even as adults, I tip my hat to you. You are truly ahead of the majority of adults.

As a side note, I offer a challenge. Last year, around Thanksgiving time, I wrote an impromptu skit about four wild turkeys and one of our DC members. It was harmless, poked fun at the idea of competition for a woman's hand (something more real in young men than we would like to admit), and was just plain fun storytellin', a good yarn. My challenge is for anyone to write and post a short story or skit about the upcoming Christmas Season, or Hannuka, whatever Holiday Season you practice.

I would love to read the fruits of the wild imaginations that visit our humble site. So there's the challenge. Is there anyone courageous (or whacky) enough to:w00t2: accept?

If not, then I win. I wrote one and you didn't.:-p

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom