"Cooking from Scratch" - What's it mean to you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually this would be a pretty dull place if everyone agreed with everyone else. I've found this thread thoughtfully stimulating myself, and see nothing offensive here. Those who don't like opposite opinions, pick up their marbles and leave the sand box, are free to make that choice. In the meantime, this place is called..

Discuss Cooking.

+1- I'm in agreement.

I don't care for mixes when baking, I really enjoy the challenge of perfecting a recipe. Thing is, I don't expect everyone to have the same enthusiasm as I do for baking. It's taken me years to "perfect" my cake and cookie recipes and to be honest, I'm still always looking for ways to improve them. Most people don't have the time or desire to go though all of this and that is OK.

I think that it is more important to get into the kitchen and enjoy the process of making food and sharing it with your family. My boss posted pictures of her making cookies with her granddaughter, some were slice and bake and some were homemade. The important thing here was a grandmother making memories in the kitchen with her granddaughter not whether everything was made from scratch.

I would love to have the time and ambition to make everything from scratch, but I don't, but I think that I put out some pretty good grub!

Once again I have cleaned up a thread because people cannot play nice. The folks whose posts were removed...enough, stop...PLEASE. Both of you ignore each other and just stop.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom