Copyright infringement & plagarism

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you, Andy. Good to hear. I hope that DC members, including myself, who are not mods will also follow this example before being too quick to place judgement. Better yet, I hope we leave it all up to the mods...as it should be.

I just need to chime in here because every recipe that every chef uses came from somewhere... If you don't think that I have a recipe (as we all do) passed down from generations that we see in someone cookbook, your crazy... Yes I get copyright laws and understand ingredients are okay but word for word directions are not, but come on there really is a fine line...

From my understanding if you take directions and radically change them, it's not a problem... Unfortunetly, with that being said, there are a lot of people who claim a recipe to be there own... Maybe thats not right, maybe they just leave out where the recipe originally came from...

I know exactly what posts the OP was talking about, however it is not my job to google every recipe to see if it truly belongs to that poster... I trust the people in this forum to be upfront...

That being said, I believe we have had a lot of new posters putting bullcrap on new threads... It's kind of annoying but I see that none of us has replied
which may deter them... From my lips to Gods ears... :angel:

Just my opinion... ;):)

And may I ask again that if you see stuff you think is "bullcrap" please please please hit Report Post? It helps us so much you guys. Thanks!

I'm sure that the mods would like to put this subject to bed.......it's not an easy job you do........(I've been a site mod in the past). It can really suck at times. Not to mention the pay is nix, and mostly thankless. Let me say that you are appreciated.
However, with the above post, DC would not be a prime target with recipe copyright laws..........the above site most definitely would be a target, as it should be.

Again, I've never knowingly been guilty of copyright recipe laws, but it's just about at the bottom of the list of things that scare me, and should be at the bottom of the list that scares anyone here.

To name just one thing that scares me right now, is the massive oil spill in the Gulf.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
I'm sure that the mods would like to put this subject to bed.......it's not an easy job you do........(I've been a site mod in the past). It can really suck at times. Not to mention the pay is nix, and mostly thankless. Let me say that you are appreciated.
However, with the above post, DC would not be a prime target with recipe copyright laws..........the above site most definitely would be a target, as it should be.

Again, I've never knowingly been guilty of copyright recipe laws, but it's just about at the bottom of the list of things that scare me, and should be at the bottom of the list that scares anyone here.

To name just one thing that scares me right now, is the massive oil spill in the Gulf.

Back
Top Bottom