Could garlic alone kill home bugs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kenny1999

Senior Cook
I have been researching for natural stuff that can be used to get rid of
the bug in my home, I know mothball is effective but I have concern about
its odor. I'd like to spray garlic brew onto my vacuum dust bag but I am
also worried that liquid could damage my new vacuum cleaner.

Can I put garlic alone (without any treatment) into the vacuum dust bag?
Could its smell alone kill sucked bug? or will it just repel them and let them
run out of the vacuum cleaner again??

I've never had a bug run out of my vacuum. But then I vacuum up so much cat and dog hair I believe they are smothered.

If the garlic doesn't work on the bugs, well, at least you won't have to worry about inviting vampires in, nor have a guest outstay his welcome.

Eat something with lots of garlic, and then breathe on them. It won't kill them, but it will drive them away! (Along with everyone else)

Garlic, mixed with rosemary and
some other herbs and hot peppers, acts as a repellent to some insects, but doesn't actually kill them. It smells good, though! I often suck up rosemary in my vacuum cleaners, just for the aroma.

what an excellant idea - rosemary in the vacuum!

Thanks pepper! 'tis the season of those horrid ladybugs to come in the house. When vacuumed up they really stink! Every once in a while I accidently suck up a stink bug too - and that smell lasts a lot longer than the ladybugs.

Picking some rosemary now!

I used to like vacuuming up pine needles after Christmas. It made the house smell so good.

While carting some stuff down to the basement, just now... my usual method for objects requiring two hands is, backwards, step by step, plunking the object down the step 'in front' of me.

Halfway down I said.... gads, I smell a stink bug... and sure enuf, upon arriving at the bottom, I see that I had stepped on one.
I'm pretty sure it was already dead (maybe not for long but still dead) so now I can stop wondering - even dead ones stink if you squish'em.

Should have put Garlic on my shoes.

oh dear, kenny!

You are really getting the full gamut with this thread -I know we have not really been able to solve your problem but I hope somewhere along the way we have helped you a little bit... or at least made you chuckle??

I've never had a bug run out of my vacuum. But then I vacuum up so much cat and dog hair I believe they are smothered.

If the garlic doesn't work on the bugs, well, at least you won't have to worry about inviting vampires in, nor have a guest outstay his welcome.

If I put some garlic in my door could it repel coaches and lizards?
Does it need to be peeled or chopped into pieces??

You never had a bug running out of your vacuum?? Are you using bagless vacuum?

and I just read your other post about catching your gecko.

So to get rid of roaches and other bugs - get another lizard!

and make friends with it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom