COVID19 Vaccinations-How's It Going?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Work pulls me out of the house often. I am a bit fearful of getting COVID, so I opted to take a vaccine when it became available. That is the issue: Getting an appointment is nearly impossible around here even when your group is eligible. I requested an appointment ages ago and have never have hear anything from those requests. My co-worker sent the team a link he received and I was magically able to get an appointment for the first shot.

The line with the appointment was more than a 1/4 mile long. Once into the building (which could have housed a tractor pull event,) there were huge lines of approximately 60 people per line. Like Disneyland, the lines moved according to a pattern. There were five lines in total. It took about 40 minutes to move through the lines. Then we were screened on whether we had appointments, but no one really checked that. Then we were in another set of lines, which took another 30 minutes. A shot was eventually given and then we were to sent to wait for 20 minutes to see whether we were going to have a reaction. While waiting, the second appointment is made.

In our state, it is all rather ambiguous on how to get an appointment or who to call or when you may be given an appointment. It's pretty unsettling. There is zero reason for this ridiculous confusion. Once an appointment is secured, it runs pretty smoothly.....but appointments are more rare than unicorns.

I'm not too worried about catching C-19. I have barely been out of my house since 2020-03-12. I can stay home until there is more data. I understand the the short term side effects have been properly studied. But, there aren't any studies about the effects half a year or a year after the vaccine, yet. Also, as far as I have been able to ascertain, there haven't been any published results from studies of only using single dose of the vaccine, like they are doing in Quebec. They have said that they will follow the recommended schedule, if the companies threaten to stop selling it to us, if we don't follow the schedule.
I don't think I've heard of long-term side effects from any vaccine. Have you?

My ton seems to be on top of things. My first shot is Thursday and I just got an email to register for the second shot. The final test will be if I actually get the shot.

Going in for my second dosage of Moderna today at Dodger Stadium.
I’m getting in line 3 hours earlier than my appointed time because that’s how long it took the last time....sitting in my car.
This time I have a pee jar with me.

My BIL who is 79 yo got a call yesterday from the NMDOH to schedule his first shot, in two weeks. The appt is late in the afternoon so my sister is going with him in case doses are being given to whomever is on site. She said many of her friends are just showing up at vaccine sites late in the day and have gotten shots needing to be used. Me, I'm waiting for my call.

Last Wednesday my sister went with her husband for his first shot. She asked if there was a dose for her. She was told, no, the clinic was expecting 1500 doses but only received 500. Our state is still vaccinating the 75+ age group.

We received our first injection Feb 6th. 2nd is scheduled for Mar 6th.

This is through our ins provider, Cox Health. They have done a good job of it.

Ross

I went to the myturn.ca.gov web site and they had appointments available immediately, at a community center less than a 4 miles from my house. I needed an hour to shower and shave, then went and got stabbed. I get shot up again on 5 March, but this time I will let my insurance rideshare program drive me because parking was a complete fustercluck.

Got my second dose almost 24 hours ago and I’m feeling the ill effects....chills, headache, body aches, fatigue.... haven’t felt this bad in years. I guess this is to be expected?
They said the second dose will hit hard on some.

Last edited:
We got our first doses yesterday. I got a call Friday from Sarasota County Health (the next county south), with an appointment window of 1:30-2:30 on the 17th. We got there about 45 minutes early, and were finished and released from 'watch' at 1:50. All in all, it wasn't too bad - just over an hour to wait in line, get our ID checked (to make sure we were Florida residents), wait some more, get our appointment verified, wait some more, get the shot, wait for reactions. The whole process was very smooth once we walked in the door.

Arm is a little sore this morning, but no other ill effects. Round 2 in 4 weeks.

I think that it means that your immune system is working which is a good thing. It's seeing an intruder and using all of its resources to fight it.
Got my second dose almost 24 hours ago and I’m feeling the ill effects....chills, headache, body aches, fatigue.... haven’t felt this bad in years. I guess this is to be expected?

On the second dose, the body can already recognize the invader, so a big reaction means things are going well. This has also happened to quite a few people who had C-19, when they get their first dose, for the same reason. Sort of the immune system saying, "You again! Well, I'm not putting up with that. I'm getting out the big guns." ;)

I had the same reaction after my second dose. I went to work the next day for a whole hour before I called it quits.

Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate! And Tylenol 500 mg every 4 hours helps.

I had no side effects.

Does anyone remember how many polio shots we had to get, plus boosters? I remember standing in line at the elementary school on a Saturday, but I can't remember how many times I had to do that.

I had no side effects.

Does anyone remember how many polio shots we had to get, plus boosters? I remember standing in line at the elementary school on a Saturday, but I can't remember how many times I had to do that.

I remember booster shots but that may not have been for polio.

I had no side effects.

I remember getting the polio vaccine as a shot and then the Sabin oral vaccine.
I remember booster shots but that may not have been for polio.

Same here. I think we got booster shots three times, but at least twice. They were for a number of things, like small pox and tetanus, maybe even whooping cough. I also remember everyone at school getting that skin scratch test for TB once or twice.

I got my second shot yesterday. The line moved very quickly. Like the first time, I am very sore around the injection site. Other than being tired and slightly achy, I seem to be coming through okay. No chills. Very slight headache.

I remember getting the polio vaccine as a shot and then the Sabin oral vaccine.

Same here. I think we got booster shots three times, but at least twice. They were for a number of things, like small pox and tetanus, maybe even whooping cough. I also remember everyone at school getting that skin scratch test for TB once or twice.

The way things are going up here, I don't foresee getting it for months..not part of my short term plans..

NJ is having problems getting the Vaccine shipments due to weather issues.

Back
Top Bottom