Credit Cards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jpmcgrew

Executive Chef
:)Guess Im a a soap box state of mind tonight.Is it just me or are our credit card bills giving you less and less time to pay the bill?I remember getting 2-3 weeks to pay now I get a bill and they give me 8-10 days to pay off.Living where I live 45 miles to first Post Office our mail can be delayed 1-4 days getting and receiving mail. Its like they are trying to make you late so you can pay a penalty.

Well, I live in the city and I lived about 1.5 miles from the post office - and I had problems with a couple of cards .... only usually arrived the day before the payment was due (sometimes after if it was on the weekend) and the other was generally 2-days after the due date! I called, I complained, I had to pay the fees ... until I canceled both of them! I do have a couple for extreme emergencies - but I'm a pay-as-you-go-guy now, and have been for about 10 years.

Last edited:
It may be a factor of your distance from the PO and the built-in delays at this time of year.

We pay our bills online. That saves the snail mail delays as well as the cost of postage and checks.

I have no experience either Katie. We have a credit card that we use for every single thing we can since it gets us points. We pay it off in full every month. Actually we pay it off every 2 weeks or more. We have never carried a balance and never paid a finance charge. We write down how much we spend on it and keep a log. Every time we charge something it goes on the log. Then each payday or before that money goes right to the CC company by paying online.

JP have you looked into paying your bill online? Most CC companies have online payments and they are secure and easy to use.

:)OK,the billing is from oct,23th-nov20th I got the bill Nov 30th with a 1-2 day delay when I get bill,bill is due Nov 10th.I just remember a couple of years ago I had at least 2 weeks to get it paid.Now its 10 days or less depending if bill comes on a weekend.

I think I would do away with that credit card if they are continually late getting the bill to you and your expected to pay a late fee. Get a debit card, it's much easier. Credit cards are a rip off for the most part though good in an emergency situation only.

:)You are right but the credit card makes my my credit report really high Im in the top 14 % of people with good credit and the reward points make it really attractive I have received many high dollar items free for my points.I also put every thing on them then pay the bill.

It may be a factor of your distance from the PO and the built-in delays at this time of year.

We pay our bills online. That saves the snail mail delays as well as the cost of postage and checks.

I've had just the opposite affect. And BTW, did get the CC co to drop the late fee until I adjusted my payment schedule.
I just started paying my bills online almost a year ago. I love it, but one thing I noticed is that bills I pay online by a certain date get received later than by "regular" mail. These are the bills that my bank has to write checks for and for reasons unknown to me, cannot pay them electronically, even though they are to other banks.
I pay all my bills by a certain date, the 20th, but need to separate two out and pay them almost as received or they don't get posted on time, and they are payed online now, so snail mail was quicker in their case.

Back
Top Bottom