Cyber holiday shopping...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...Of course my new laptop was shipped 2 day priority, and today is day 5, it's scheduled for tomorrow which will be day 6, gee thanks for charging for a service that you can't really perform!
Be sure to have all documentation on hand, then call and complain. I would expect to get a full refund on the difference between 2-day priority and "you were late". A few years after we moved here our daughter wanted to be sure we had our gifts by Christmas. To open on Christmas. She sent the box out next-day guarantee but it didn't get to us until the day after Christmas. I actually was glad to have that happen because the difference in price between overnight and 2-day was really extreme. I'd rather have her save her money than worry about gifts arriving "on time" when we were just very grateful to get any. The best gift is time with family - everything else else is just gravy.

Here's the other side of the coin. I want to sing the praises of Zulily.com.

I just received an order from them with two identical outfits for my little grand daughter. I called to see how to return one of them as I must have mistakenly ordered two. She said she would credit my account for one of them, and to give it to a needy child. I darn near teared up, and promised I would do that.
Talk about Christmas spirit!

Last edited:
Here's the other side of the coin. I want to sing the praises of Zulily.com.

I just received an order from them with two identical outfits for my little grand daughter. I called to see how to return one of them as I must have mistakenly ordered two. She said she would credit my account for one of them, and to give it to a needy child. I darn near teared up, and promised I would do that.
Talk about Christmas spirit!

They really are an excellent company. I ordered a kitchen item. It arrived damaged. I called them, they gave me full credit and then sent me another one that arrived undamaged. No charge. :angel:

Love that....those are the memories I'm hoping to make! :wub:

My MIL always made a quilt for each grandchild when they got married. She had a bag of some of their clothes as they were growing up. she cut the clothing up into squares and used them in the quilt that they rerceived as a wedding present. :angel:

We went all lazy this year.Bought online small items.Token garage sale fodder.Were all too busy with the house and work schedules this year.Keeping the holidays simple and low keyed.

I was going to buy a few hand boilers on Amazon.The reviews weren't that favorable.Guess they aren't as well made now as they were when I was a kid.
I did buy a few of these.Odd novelty things.They look pretty cool.
They should keep the kids that I bought them for entertained for a while.

Amazon.com - Creative Motion Supernova Color Changing Sphere - Lava Lamp

Still have to find something for the Newlyweds.

So glad I picked these gems up.They were a hit!
Now we have to buy a few more because my sons think they're awesome cool.Want one for their rooms.

After they arrived I really wanted to test them out.Do they heat up,durability? Test.You know Mom'd all over it.I saw one of the kids walking on the sidewalk yesterday.Cell phone in hand txting...BOING! walked right into a light pole.Thought to myself.Good going genius:ROFLMAO::ohmy:.Yes I laughed long and loud.:LOL:

But anyways.They never heated up past 47 degrees.3 color settings.3 movement settings.No battery compartment is available.It came with an adapter.Sits in a small flat base.Very stable.Large globe.about 8" wide.Not glass.Hard to break if it's dropped by accident.If your iffy about the glass lava lamps.These are a much nicer, safer alternative.

So glad I picked these gems up.They were a hit!
Now we have to buy a few more because my sons think they're awesome cool.Want one for their rooms.

After they arrived I really wanted to test them out.Do they heat up,durability? Test.You know Mom'd all over it.I saw one of the kids walking on the sidewalk yesterday.Cell phone in hand txting...BOING! walked right into a light pole.Thought to myself.Good going genius:ROFLMAO::ohmy:.Yes I laughed long and loud.:LOL:

But anyways.They never heated up past 47 degrees.3 color settings.3 movement settings.No battery compartment is available.It came with an adapter.Sits in a small flat base.Very stable.Large globe.about 8" wide.Not glass.Hard to break if it's dropped by accident.If your iffy about the glass lava lamps.These are a much nicer, safer alternative.

Thanks for your report on these Monkey. I loved my red and black lava lamp in the '60's, it was our tv lamp and it fascinated me. I think I might get one of these for our tv lamp now. In fact it would be a good thing to wrap up for DH...the world's worst person to buy for.

Thanks for your report on these Monkey. I loved my red and black lava lamp in the '60's, it was our tv lamp and it fascinated me. I think I might get one of these for our tv lamp now. In fact it would be a good thing to wrap up for DH...the world's worst person to buy for.

Well to be honest with you.My sons got lava lamps to.Amazon has some that are 16" high different colors that instead of the normal looking lava we picked up the ones that are metallic looking.Should be interesting.

Hubby might like these.I have one.It's just awesome.It looks like it will only light up a small room.That's not true.Ours is in the living room, which is fairly good sized.It fills the ceiling up completely and down half the wall.

The blue setting really does make it seem like your swimming under clear blue water.It's relaxing.5+++++'s on that.

requires 4 AA batteries.It does come with an adapter.You can choose what color you want.Not as cheap as some reviewers have claimed them to be. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CKRU3UI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here's an actual picture of the elusive new rain gauge, complete with 2 1/2 inches of liquid gold from last night's storm.:clap::punk:

img_1401961_0_d067a06095a29d27326f75826a3a0090.jpg

I just saw on the TV some rock slides from that rainfall. Well, you have had your dry season, now it is time for your mudslide season. Who says California does have seasons. :angel:

I just saw on the TV some rock slides from that rainfall. Well, you have had your dry season, now it is time for your mudslide season. Who says California does have seasons. :angel:

In these parts it's a standard "joke?". We have four seasons too..Spring, Wind, Fire and Flood.

Still, it's home to me and my piece of paradise. I've bloomed where I was planted. :flowers:

Last edited:
In these parts it's a standard "joke?". We have four seasons too..Spring, Wind, Fire and Flood.

Still, it's home to me and my piece of paradise. I've bloomed where I was planted. :flowers:

I am just happy that California got their much needed rainfall. Here's hoping to travels to Lake Mead in Nevada. That lake is slowly disappearing. Or it is located in Arizona. If it doesn't get up to a better level, you folks are going to be paying a much higher electric bill. :angel:

I stopped doing Christmas when I had just too many grandchildren to give to. I now have 17 grand and great grand children. And they are all too old to give them just a dollar in a card. My SS check is just not big enough to give to all of them. And if I leave one out, I have to leave all of them out.

But since all my grandchildren and my kids go to my daughter's house every Christmas, I do bake the Hershey's Chocolatety Chocolate Cake. I had to laugh last year. One of the kids asked, "Did Grandma make this cake?" If the answer had been "No" she would eat any of it. That cake is the only one the family will eat. So they will have to settle for that as their gift from me. As many times as I have told the mothers where they can find the recipe, they all claim they can bake. Hogwash! They just don't want to. For that event, I make it a four layer cake. One thin slice is enough for one person. So the cake goes further.

We also have an agreement throughout the family that except for your own kids, 16 is the cutoff age for presents. By then they are old enough to get a job and buy their own presents. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom