Daily Wizard Of Oz Reference

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
My wife has a theory that she told me when we first started dating and it has help true since she mentioned it to me. It might not really happen every single day, but you will be amazed at how often it comes true. Now that you have heard the theory you will start to notice this all the time.

Here it is...

You will notice a reference to the Wizard Of Oz almost every day. It might be someone saying "This doesn't look like Kansas " or "There is no place like home" or any number of other things. Keep your ears open and see how often it happens.

Especially:

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain."

"If he/she only had a brain.":LOL:

The "Wizard" had some good lines at the end re always having had the power to get home on your own. (Would have to look at the script.)

Last edited:
I love the Wizard of Oz. I watch it many times a year. Paul is slowly buying me all the Oz books! I get one for every birthday. He's so cool!

"I'll get you, my pretty - - and your little DOG, too!"

"There's no place like home."

(I'm actually quite embarrassed by the number of times I saw the dang thing before I actually 'got it' that all were seeking things they already had)

Would you believe that I never saw the movie from start to finish until I was an adult??? I was WAY too scared of the flying monkies as a kid! :LOL:

PA Baker said:
Would you believe that I never saw the movie from start to finish until I was an adult??? I was WAY too scared of the flying monkies as a kid! :LOL:

They're pretty scary as an adult. :LOL:

They haven't caught the thief yet that stole the ruby slippers. I live just outside of Grand Rapids Mn. Everyone is pretty upset about the whole thing. Sure looks like an inside job as the alarm system didn't go off and the house was well equipped with a modern system. The area that Judys birth house is sitting now is all very well lit and on a major hyw. Pretty sure they will get the thief as it's going to be hard to keep having them in possession quiet, especially if there were more then one thief. Someone always gabs or brags.

thumpershere2 said:
They haven't caught the thief yet that stole the ruby slippers. I live just outside of Grand Rapids Mn. Everyone is pretty upset about the whole thing. Sure looks like an inside job as the alarm system didn't go off and the house was well equipped with a modern system. The area that Judys birth house is sitting now is all very well lit and on a major hyw. Pretty sure they will get the thief as it's going to be hard to keep having them in possession quiet, especially if there were more then one thief. Someone always gabs or brags.

Huh? Did someone actually steal the movie slippers?

GET OUT! When did THAT happen? And why would anyone do that? It is even more senseless than a lunch napper.

It happened yesterday I believe. What the heck are they going to do with them? It is not like they can display them or show them or anything.

Absolutely, Alix. As in Help, I lost my (JimmY) Choo. :ROFLMAO: GB, :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: that would be AHHHHHH CHOOOOOO. :LOL: :LOL:

lol.. I think I'll have to go check it out!

Hey, I just started reading another book by Dan Brown.
The Wizard of Oz was mentioned!

Back
Top Bottom