Dang dreaded time change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had that issue with my cell phone not changing last time. Most cell phones, I think need to be shut off, then turned back on, and the time will change on it.

It's always hard on me when we have to lose an hour of sleep! DH and I went to bed at 10:00..(which was really 11:00) but didn't end up falling asleep until almost 11:00 (so 12:00) It just really screws me up!!

I just started a new job about a week ago, and have to get up at 5am every morning... What a great time to have to lose an hour of sleep!!

So sorry Lefse. :ROFLMAO: - did u have a little tremor in you finger and pushed the button twice ? Poor thing - Hope the rest of your day is better.BarbL.
the rest of my day did go much better, everyone had a good laugh at my expense and then someone bought me a big mug of starbucks, it immediately made me smile.:-p..........sorry for complaining.....................:(
my cell phone didn't change, it was wrong but I used that as a back up alarm clock so I didn't turn it off, didn't know you had to. called work too, they kept me on hold for a hundred years, I couldn't wait to find out the time anyway. blah blah blah

BTW...love the Salvidore Dali clock

Last edited:
Mother Nature - she's been around for awhile right? Why don't we listen to her? :LOL: (I understand the whole farmer/crop thing though) - but Mother Nature was here first! :ermm:

Trust me, those farmers are out there at 2 in the morning these days if they feel the need.
I think the only people DST may help anymore are the Amish.... and they probably could care less :LOL:

It was just starting to look like morning might be coming when I leave for work at 6:30, now it is back to the middle of the night.

I love Daylight Saving Time. Given the choice of dark mornings or dark afternoons, I choose dark mornings. You can thank/curse Ben Franklin for the idea. I doubt he will care which. :-p

Fortunately, most of our things (computer, clocks, DVD player, etc.) set themselves. I just had to change the microwave, my watch, car clock, and a couple clocks. BTW, for those who are into those kinds of things (wordplay, that is), there is no "s" on the end of the word "Saving" in DST.

:)Barbara
P.S. Don't forget to change the batteries in your smoke detectors. DST is a good way to remember to do that. Ours are hardwired, so they don't use batteries, but I know a lot do.

As I get older, the more I appreciate Daylight Saving Time. The last few years I've not had any trouble adjusting to losing an hour because I change all our clocks right after lunch on Saturday and follow the "new" time for the remainder of the day. I've discovered that doing this helps a lot.

:)I do not like DLST let nature do what she intended so what if it's light or dark earlier or later. Why mess with the time, Arizona doesn't also another state. Sure it's great when you gain an hour but losing an hour wrecks havoc on my sleep.

Am I dreaming or did Ronald Reagan do away with Daylight savings time for a while? It's possible I AM dreaming as I woke up with the roosters this morning, no ACTUALLY before the roosters:ohmy:

Am I dreaming or did Ronald Reagan do away with Daylight savings time for a while? It's possible I AM dreaming as I woke up with the roosters this morning, no ACTUALLY before the roosters:ohmy:
You're dreaming. It changed last in 1986 and prior to that 1974. No Reagan president either of those times. Actually I think it was Nixon that had a hand in one of the changes.

I really think it's stupid. I hate the fact that I had to lose an hour, that is, I am a night person. I have a really hard time going to sleep. I stay up until 3am almost each night just watching TV. I feel like I just LOST some free time:angry::furious:

I used to go to bed at 3:00 a.m. Now it is more like 4:30 to as late as after sun-up. Sheesh! Anyway, as far a losing an hour, you only lose an hour one day a year and you get it back in the fall. That is the only thing I like about going off Daylight Saving Time--having an extra hour to sleep that one night.

:)Barbara

I have to say that I really enjoyed this evening. Fed/hayed the ponies at 6 (aka 5) & fed & walked the "hounds from "heck" at 7 (aka 6). Then enjoyed trying out a lusciuos new sea scallop recipe & had it on the table while it was just truly getting dark out.

I LOVE IT!! Lol!!!

I feel like I'm in an old Godzilla movie - 10 frames outta sync. :wacko:

You're dreaming. It changed last in 1986 and prior to that 1974. No Reagan president either of those times. Actually I think it was Nixon that had a hand in one of the changes.

You aren't saying we haven't had a DST change other than these two years are you? This happens every year, twice a year to be exact - we fall back and spring forward - every year.

During the energy crisis we didn't "fall back". We kept that hour of daylight at the end of the day.

amy, awesome dali! i'd forgotten that one. thanks.

tonight is gonna suck, like every time change. :(

lots of the 3am morning news people and others who haven't been in since friday suddenly see their clocks off when they come in on monday morning, and aren't happy about it.

i mean, there's a central clock system (actually 2: an old 1 hz pulse system, and a modern time code system) that is supposed to drive all of the clocks in the building, but there's always a dozen or so that seem to escape the s.o.p..
clocks offset for international time zones, non-system battery operated clocks, defective clocks and line amplifiers, etc..
and everyone wants their clock set to naval observatory precision. :mad:

let's just say that i'll be busy tonight.

You aren't saying we haven't had a DST change other than these two years are you? This happens every year, twice a year to be exact - we fall back and spring forward - every year.

During the energy crisis we didn't "fall back". We kept that hour of daylight at the end of the day.
I'm saying that the day of daylight savings time has only changed three times in 40 years. It's always been the X Sunday of X month (example this year it's the Second Sunday of March) and that has only been "adjusted" three times, 1974, 1986 (effective 1987), and 2006 (put into effect in 2007).

I'm saying that the day of daylight savings time has only changed three times in 40 years. It's always been the X Sunday of X month (example this year it's the Second Sunday of March) and that has only been "adjusted" three times, 1974, 1986 (effective 1987), and 2006 (put into effect in 2007).

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :blush: Well I'll be a monkey's uncle - see, I never knew it actually happened on the same day. I just know it's going to happen in the spring and in the fall :LOL:

Learn something new every day. I learned that new computers don't tell you that they adjusted the time, turns out, I don't remember ever adjusting the time on this computer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom