Dark circles - any remedies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Melzie

Assistant Cook
Hey all :)
Does anyone have home remedies or used a cream that works really will to eliminate or decrease them? Make up is even difficult to use to try and cover them up. Please help :)

Preparation H, the hemmorhoid cream, is supposed to work for undereye bags. Not sure about dark circles. Saw it on Dr. Oz.

Have you talked to a doc or dermatologist?

Last edited:
Witch hazel is supposed to be helpful too, just dab a little on your eyelids with a cotton ball.

Yes I'm the same. They are under the eye. It looks like I rubbed my eyes after wearing mascara. They are horrible and I'm to young to have them. Haha.

From what I understand, blood pools under the eyes for a variety of reasons and makes the circles. Probably the best thing to do is ask a dermatologist or other doc about what to do.

Good luck!

On lids? My problems are lower.

Really? How much lower? ;)

I've tried several different types, from rub on creams to roll on lotions. In fact, I just sent back two jars of Hydrolyze® Advanced Under-Eye Formula because it actually made the dark circles worse. With me, it's hereditary and the only thing that could possibly fix it is plastic surgery, and I am not THAT vain!

Zhizara said:
Yes, all over the area. BTW, witch hazel is the same ingredient used in Preparation H, only much cheaper.

Forgot about that!

I get them from my mom but I had them in high school and still think I'm to young for them. Haha. I'm not willing to get plastic surgery either. If I had the money to do that I would much rather donate to somewhere. I Will try thewitch hazel. Thank you for all your help. :)

Back
Top Bottom