DA's Birthday! So Very Much Fun!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatPat

Washing Up
Da was 95 on the second of October, but she became ill so we waited to celebrate this to today when she was well.

On her birthday, I gave her the recordings of my playing piano, I gave her a dozen of beautiful roses, a very nice card I made so she could feel of it and $200 for a nice dinner at a nice restaurant with her boy friend. I saved very much for this.

Today we had the most wonderful celebration! On my new gas stove, I made her a kitty litter cake. It was so funny! Gwen, DAB (new abbreviation: DA's Boyfriend), many neighbors and friends came to her celebration. I had made nice cards to give to them of her birthday. There were 14 people here of this!

We had the cake, I made a very nice punch of ginger ale and frozen punch, we had ice cream and party favors I bought of small memo pads and cute animal refrigerator magnets and some nice bookmarks for everyone.

DA received very nice presents! She was given an owl necklace, a nice set of chargers for her table, a sweater, a very fancy homemade scarf, three audio books, a crystal vase, a gift card of Olive Garden, an angel figurine, four embroidered handkerchiefs, a silver small spoon from Belgium, a pair of very nice bedroom slippers, a pretty paisley skirt, a gift card of Outback, a handmade shawl, and another $200 from Mamma and Papa.

Today I also gave her more flowers, and a recording of a letter I wrote to her, and a pair of blue topaz earrings.

The cake was very disgusting and everyone loved of this! There is no more of it. It is a very good cake but it looks very disgusting. I am so happy of this today. DA had such a wonderful time! When I tucked her to bed, she reached to me and said, "I love you, Cat. Do not ever forget that."

Oh! I do not believe life could be better than this! God is so good to me! She is very happy of her birthday and we had a wonderful time!

Here is her cake I made:

http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz315/CatinaPat/IMG_20131010_213451_zps6fbb2558.jpg

That is so gross but I did a very good job of this with my new stove! There is none left.

I am so very happy! DA loved her birthday celebration.

With love,
~Cat

Happy b'lated birthday wishes to DA! Sounds like you had a very special day. She is blessed to have you there in her life--as are you blessed to have her in your life.

Here is the recipe of it:

1 box chocolate cake mix
1 box yellow cake mix
One package of vanilla sandwich cookies (like Oreos)
I box vanilla Jello pudding
Tootsie rolls

Bake the cake mixes. Let them stand until they are cold. While waiting for this, make the Jello pudding and put this in the refrigerator to chill.

When cakes are cold and pudding is chilled. crumble up the cake to the litter pan bottom. Mix in the pudding until the cake is just moist, not soggy.

Put the sandwich cookies in the food processor until it looks like sand. Put all but one third of a cup on top.

Melt the Tootsie rolls a little bit in the microwave oven. Roll and shape these to look like cat poo. Spread these over the top and put a little bit of the cookie sand over them. Add the green coloring to the remainder of this, and sprinkle this around the top.

This tastes very good!

With love,
~Cat

I heard from Aunt Stela and you know it Cat! Your cake was disgusting....and delicious!

Surprise!

MammaCat

Mamma! You are up so late! I just came from to putting DA to her bed. Why did you not call me?

Love,
~Cat

Because then it wouldn't have been a surprise! :LOL:

Let's see, if it is 2.16am in Britain... then it must be 3.16am where your Mamma is?

Like you, I am a big girl. I don't have to call you when I come here. I was in fact, writing to a very nice friend of yours in a private message.

Before you ask, no, I won't tell you. But I can tell you that I am very proud of you for making friends here. You have chosen a safe place to express yourself on the Internet, as far as reasonably safe places are. You're learning to cook, and you're learning some life lessons as well.

You aren't able to actively socialize very much with your classmates because of your responsibilities to Aunt Stela. In a way, I know this is detrimental to you. This is a time for you to blossom in a social way, but you have chosen to take a different path. When we asked you if you would be interested in going to America to take care of her and go to college, remember this? You said, "I'll go, Mamma. Someone has to do this and I am the logical choice for it."

Remember, Cat? Your cousins failed miserably. It came down to whether you go, or Aunt Stela had to find someone to be with her.

I am putting this up for all to see for a reason. I'm not sure if they know this, but your friends need to know. You went to America willingly, while knowing you would have to sacrifice a social life and many of the enjoyments of being a young woman in America.

Papa and I are proud of you. Aunt Stela is proud of you. These people in here are proud of you also, Cat. Your Uncle Nicu is also very proud of you.

I saw the post of the silly string on your precious Joy as you know. You are right. No one gets a new car for the first time in their lives but once.

It is very late, and I must go. I want you to save my message and look at it often. We believe in you, Aunt Stela and her friends and neighbors believe in you, and many of the people on this website believe in you. You need to take comfort in this and understand you are doing the right thing.

I might also add that your grades are very good and you will be successful in whatever life brings to you. Keep your humor, keep your steadfastness, and keep your love of humanity. With this on your side, you will never go wrong.

I love you.
MammaCat

Because then it wouldn't have been a surprise! :LOL:

Let's see, if it is 2.16am in Britain... then it must be 3.16am where your Mamma is?

Hello Katy. No, it is nearly 5:30am here in Brasov. I stayed up to be with Cat but now, I am very tired.

Good night and best wishes!

MammaCat

Cat, what a lovely letter from your Mama. Treasure it. And like she said, save it and every so often when you are feeling low, read it again. :angel:

Mamma is so good to me that this makes my heart go to thumping in an odd way. I miss her so very badly.

I do not not know what to say of this.

With love,
~Cat

You don't have to say anything Cat. We've all been there with our Mom and/or Dad. Just enjoy the love. :wub:

I'm glad your Aunt Stela had such a special birthday. 95 is quite an accomplishment! And you are special for giving her such good care and love.

Back
Top Bottom