Dave Hutchins has passed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you for the PM Terry, I can't tell you how this makes my heart ache..Gramps was special to us, my whole family loved him and the little ones called him gramps like I did we will miss him dearly but hold him forever in our hearts..Rest in peace gramps, we love you
cj

I'm so sorry I didn't look this up earlier. I guess I was sort of shell shocked. Here's a link where you can leave a condolence message:
Hamilton's Funeral Home
Yes, according to his Jewish faith, he will be buried tomorrow. He had arranged this when he found out how ill he was. I believe the burial will be in Mt. Vernon but I'm not sure about the specifics.

I'm so sorry to hear that. We feel very fortunate to have gotten to meet Dave. He even gave us a big jar of his home-made seasoning mix. He was a very nice man and he will be missed.

:(Barbara

I'm so sorry I didn't look this up earlier. I guess I was sort of shell shocked. Here's a link where you can leave a condolence message:
Hamilton's Funeral Home
Yes, according to his Jewish faith, he will be buried tomorrow. He had arranged this when he found out how ill he was. I believe the burial will be in Mt. Vernon but I'm not sure about the specifics.

Thank you FM. So noted.

Oh no, this news makes me very sad. When I first heard about what Dave was diagnosed with, I feared for him. My step-dad died of the very same thing last year. Once your body stops making platelets and white blood cells it is very dangerous and can affect so many other things in your body (immune system for example).

Poor Dave, I am so sad for him. He was a very nice guy.

How very sad!....what we do here in Toronto is, send a donation to a favourite charity in memory. I'm sure if one just sends a card it will be equally appreciated.
May he rest in peace.

I'm stunned. He will be missed. Thought and prayers are going out to his family.

Oh no, no , no. Oh God. My heart hurts.
Oh this can't be.
What the HE** happened?
What
Who do we send condolences to?
I'm not sure about the jewish faith, except sitting shiva.
Oh, FM, I'm so sorry.
Susan's gonna be so upset too.

Yes, I am! I have gotten this far in the thread and I had to respond. I can tell you all that Dave was so touched by all the prayers, love and concern everyone showed him here. He was an old-fashioned man who shared some of my father's traits. He had a very kind heart but he knew what he wanted and liked things his way. I think that is what endeared me to him so quickly. I did my best to distract him and chat about food and life. I shall miss him very much and it is more than I can bear right now.
Thanks for letting us know Terry. I will add him to the list at Temple so that shiva will be said for him. He would have really liked that.

I'm so very sorry to hear this. I only knew him for a short time, but I'm still very sad. It's obvious that Dave's kindness has touched so many people.

I didn't know Dave, but I'm so sorry to hear that such a beloved member of this community has passed. My prayers are with his family, personal friends and all of you on this site that loved him so much! Hugggggggggs.

OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!He was doing better!!
img_784130_0_ad8e69265b214b40963740653e0af980.gif

Oh Dave, God Bless you!!! I will miss you!!!

I am so sorry to hear this (tears streaming down my face) alls I can think of is how he took the time to PM me a spacial message and the poem Rainbow Bridge when I put my my sweet dog to sleep. That poem is exactly what I needed and he seemed to know that. RIP Gramps we all love you!!!!

:) I am crying and broken hearted as well. How did this happen so fast I thought he would be OK for a while? I hope he got the card I sent him a week ago. Iam in total shock as I did not expect this at all

I'm so sorry to hear this. I know that such sad news so often follows closely on the heels of encouraging news from the medical people, but I'll never get used to it. Rest in peace, Dave Hutchins, rest in peace.

I am so sorry to hear about Dave :cry: . May GOD watch over his family and comfort them. Dave was a fun loving man that enjoyed a full life and we were very blessed to get to share some of that time and some of his memories with him.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom