DC Food Diary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
I thought this might help everyone who is trying so hard to lose weight and stay on track with their diets.
Seeing your daily food intake in print always helps and having other DC members support will help everyone stay motivated to eat healthy.

Breakfast : I had 2 cups of coffee with milk, no sugar. Got up too early to eat.

Snack : 2 carrots

Lunch : 2 slices of seeded Low GI loaf with a bit of white cheddar, chillies, parsley and cucumber, carrot and tomato salad (no dressing, don't like it)

Snack : 1 carrot

Dinner : Had my cheeky chicken livers (naughty treat) with a slice of toasted white bread and some carrot.

Went carrot crazy today :LOL:

I drank water and 2 glasses of homemade lemonade.

I will start on Monday...that's when our work diet starts and I've been bad this weekend.

What I had today...

Breakfast : Tomato juice and 2 cups of coffee.

No snacks

Lunch : Low GI seeded sandwich with green salad on top.

Snack : small bunch of grapes.

Dinner : Small rump steak, corn on the cob, some steamed carrots. I'll skip the mash.

I've had loads of water with lemon to drink, if I have anything else before bed I'll post later.

Breakfast -1/2 cup oatmeal with sugar, 1 egg cooked with 1/4 tsp butter, 8 oz V-8 low sodium, Coffee with half and half and sugar. 300 calories

No snack so I could use those calories for lunch

Lunch - 1 cup chili with beans and 1 ounce of cheddar cheese, water 400 calories

snack - ?? Back later

Oh bugger I'm back lol!
Had a plum and a glass of chocolate milk. It's not cheating, it's breakfast! I didn't finish my steak either, only had 2 bites it was really tough yuck!

Last edited:
Breakfast -1/2 cup oatmeal with sugar, 1 egg cooked with 1/4 tsp butter, 8 oz V-8 low sodium, Coffee with half and half and sugar. 300 calories

No snack so I could use those calories for lunch

Lunch - 1 cup chili with beans and 1 ounce of cheddar cheese, water 400 calories

snack - ?? Back later

What diet are you following PF? Looks like very low cal.
I'm not actually on a specific diet, just trying to eat less junk. Diet alla Odette...
See the cookie... feed it to hubby or kids :angel:

I'm not actually on a specific diet, just trying to eat less junk. Diet alla Odette...

::shrug::

700 cal before dinner sounds pretty good to me- I'm at about 640 and I even had a cookie!

(Coffee and a pear for breakfast, Cheddarwurst, less than one serving of chips, some raw veggies, and a sugar cookie for lunch)

1200 calories a day...I'm needing to lose at least 30 pounds. I'm making this diet up as I go along, as it has to meet several criteria for my diabetes, heart disease and another very fun diagnosis that I try not to discuss in public. Oh, and I have to be able to chew it with dentures...:wacko:

1200 calories a day...I'm needing to lose at least 30 pounds. I'm making this diet up as I go along, as it has to meet several criteria for my diabetes, heart disease and another very fun diagnosis that I try not to discuss in public. Oh, and I have to be able to chew it with dentures...:wacko:

You have a great sense of humor PF :ROFLMAO:

1200 calories sounds really low to me but I guess it's because I think in kilojoules.
Your meals sound very healthy and yummy.
I've got no idea what my plan of action is. Just trying to avoid eating high fat foods, my cholesterol is really high after the holidays. I haven't done a full blood test but I tested at the clinic and it's 9.1
I wouldn't mind losing about 3kgs either. All my jeans are too small :angel:

Just checked how many calories I should be eating with an online calorie calculator.
To maintain my weight I need 2287 calories per day and to lose weight I need to eat 1829 per day. Going to try and work out my daily calorie intake now.
I suck at this, I've never been on a diet lol!

Never ever go below 1200 calories, yes it will help you lose weight, but you need that much just to keep breathing, heart beat and sitting still. 1200 is going to help me lose 2 pounds a week, if I find I am losing too fast, I will increase my calories.

I'm on 825 calories for today. Maybe I should try the calorie counting thing. seems easy enough to follow. How do you calculate meals like stew or soup with many ingredients?

I rely on what others have figured out already @ caloriecount.com

Go to the logging page and you can look up all kinds of foods. I have a free subscription and am logging daily.

But, I have also used it just to look up the odd food here and there without logging in.

Last edited:
I rely on what others have figured out already @ caloriecount.com

Go to the logging page and you can look up all kinds of foods. I have a free subscription and am logging daily.

But, I have also used it just to look up the odd food here and there without logging in.

I always wondered how you folks counted calories when it wasn't written on the bag (so to speak).
What if I double egg dip and bread something I am deep frying? Does that change the calories from a lighter breading? What if I use panko crumbs one time and Italian crumbs the next, does that change the calories? It all seems so complicated.
That's my excuse anyway. Still, it would be curious to know sometime.

yes
yes
yes

I would have to go look and see what comes closest on a site that someone else has figured it out already.

My math skill are lousy and I have better things to do than try to figure out exactly how many calories are in an item that is dipped three times in flour...:LOL: In general you can find something that is very close. I've also taken three similar items and gotten an average.

I know my coffee has exactly 55 cal, because I looked up the half and half and sugar amounts.

I always wondered how you folks counted calories when it wasn't written on the bag (so to speak).
What if I double egg dip and bread something I am deep frying? Does that change the calories from a lighter breading? What if I use panko crumbs one time and Italian crumbs the next, does that change the calories? It all seems so complicated.
That's my excuse anyway. Still, it would be curious to know sometime.

I just logged my food and drink for the day and according this I'm on 822 calories. I can't eat anymore!!!! It's too hot :LOL:
It's a pretty fun to do though. I should probably just consider that eating healthy in my case means eating more. Guess when I eat junk the calories add up quickly and now that I eat healthy it's hard to eat enough food to get to the amount of calories my body needs.
They say I must get 2400 calories per day. How on earth do you do that without eating junk?!
I'll crack this in the morning, too tired now!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom