DC's own coffee klatch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vit, while not voilating any copywrite laws, have you tried the ctrl/c method? :angel:

yes addie, ctrl/c and ctrl/v is what i've been using. i don't at all know how copyright laws work in relation to links as we use them here.:wacko:
sometimes the method works, sometimes not....

when you are not here, addie, buttons likes to lay under the rocking chair. i think she wants to make sure she doesn't miss you...:)

yes addie, ctrl/c and ctrl/v is what i've been using. i don't at all know how copyright laws work in relation to links as we use them here.:wacko:
sometimes the method works, sometimes not....

when you are not here, addie, buttons likes to lay under the rocking chair. i think she wants to make sure she doesn't miss you...:)

I think she just want to play with my sewing thread again. And of course there is always the extra food. I do have a special spot in my heart for the little rascal. :angel:

bac0n chive sc0nes have my vote for 'best new sunday morning coffeecake' discovery.:) pf, have you made these? they sound fab, thank you.:)

i just gotta add fresh ground black pepper! somebody, please bake these and bring some over here for sunday brunch at the klatch? we're hungry....:)

Last edited:

this is the one! we coffee klatchers thank you, taxy!:)

you might want to switch out the almond extract for about half of that amount of cardamom. lots of tweaking going on with this practically fail-safe gem of a cake....
I just baked some. Oh my, that is tasty. Definitely worth some effort to post the link.

Here, better grab some before it's gone.

Attachments

• 20130303_131313.jpg
    20130303_131313.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 147
It looks perfect for a lot of things. I only have one pyrex dish and I love it. I think that is next on my wish list.

It looks perfect for a lot of things. I only have one pyrex dish and I love it. I think that is next on my wish list.
Alix--I use this pan (I actually have 2--one was my grandma's and is slightly shorter than mine). I always do variation #2 with the almonds in the pan before the batter, but I bet one could substitute lemon zest and lemon juice (fresh) to get a lovely variation of this (and could put it in a bundt pan, regular loaf pan, muffin tins). TaxLady--you have me craving almond cake!

Almond Loaf Baking Pan Oblong

Yup, it's an 8" square Pyrex pan that I have had forever. (8" square is almost exactly the same surface area as 9" round.)

I have one that I got at a yard sale eons ago. Baking for one, it is perfect. I think I paid the grand sum of a whole ten cents. :angel:

Alix--I use this pan (I actually have 2--one was my grandma's and is slightly shorter than mine). I always do variation #2 with the almonds in the pan before the batter, but I bet one could substitute lemon zest and lemon juice (fresh) to get a lovely variation of this (and could put it in a bundt pan, regular loaf pan, muffin tins). TaxLady--you have me craving almond cake!

Almond Loaf Baking Pan Oblong
I forgot to mention that I didn't have any organic lemons, so I left out the grated lemon rind and the cake was still fabulous. I ate half of it by myself. :pig:

I forgot to mention that I didn't have any organic lemons, so I left out the grated lemon rind and the cake was still fabulous. I ate half of it by myself. :pig:

When I buy lemons and find that I am not going to be using them in the next week or so, I use my micro-plane and remove all the zest. I have a small container in the freezer and I add the new zest to it. Then when I need some, I take a couple of spoonfuls, soak them in a very small amount of warm water and use after straining. I also squeeze the lemons and freeze the juice in an ice cube tray. When frozen, they get added to a large zippie bags I keep in the freezer. Comes in handy for lemon curd, meringue pie, etc. Of course I always get the urge to make these when I don't have a lemon in the house. Lemons like carrots, onions and celery are items I like to keep on hand all the time. :angel:

When I buy lemons and find that I am not going to be using them in the next week or so, I use my micro-plane and remove all the zest. I have a small container in the freezer and I add the new zest to it. Then when I need some, I take a couple of spoonfuls, soak them in a very small amount of warm water and use after straining. I also squeeze the lemons and freeze the juice in an ice cube tray. When frozen, they get added to a large zippie bags I keep in the freezer. Comes in handy for lemon curd, meringue pie, etc. Of course I always get the urge to make these when I don't have a lemon in the house. Lemons like carrots, onions and celery are items I like to keep on hand all the time. :angel:
I do have some lemons, just not organic ones. I usually only bother getting organic lemons when I know I will be using the zest.

Well, here I is Addie! :)
So this is where everybody's been.. Should have read this thread a long time ago.

Brought along instead of cat food ( They're going to be needing Statin medications real soon, I can see it now) :LOL: a big ball of yarn and my GR. He just loves cats, has always wanted one. While they play I'll mosey around here. I can't have coffee in the afternoon. Hope a soda is acceptable drink here. That can easily be one upped somehow. :LOL:

One of the critics just walked into the kitchen. Asked "What smells so good?" I told him ribs in the oven. His shocked look and question " WHAT NOT ON THE SMOKER!!!!? No dear I still have a b-day cake to make today.
These guys are too spoiled. They could have had hot dogs.

:ohmy: Munky.

Antique 20thC Georg Jensen Solid Silver 3 Piece Coffee Set Johan Rohde C 1915 | eBay

OMG! we must have this georg jensen-johan rohde coffee set for the coffee klatch. STUNNING

(johan rohde is the designer of this set) <3

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom