Depression

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you all for your concern and honesty about depression and I hope all of you are feeling better.

My Psychiatrist said that about half of our men and women today have one sort of depression or another.

I try so hard to go outside and take walks with Jolie but right now I feel secure in my condo and I am scared to go outside.

Thank you Half Baked for your suggestions - they are all so true.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

It's hard to deal with this sad but devastating disorder, and I truly hope that you can find some comfort and determination to overcome this.:(

:) shp4,maybe you need to try a different med not all of them work for everyone I happened to get lucky but like I said before, I do have my moments and when I mean moments a few hours not days.Another thing to look at is diet from what I understand certain foods can cheer you up because of the vitamins and minerals in them.Another thing you can do is buy yourself some flowers once in a while or treat yourself in some other way.But the bottom line is that if it's a chemical thing in you,which I have maybe you need to explore a different med.The good thing you are doing is talking to all of us because you dont want to stay this way and you know what it's like to feel good.Hang in there kid! People here are rooting for you including me.
Feel free to PM me if you want I can be a great listener.

Last edited:
I don't know how to help you..depression is a hard thing to go through.
I make myself do things I don't want to do and then I'll feel better to see a clean carpet or what ever else it was that I didn't want to do.
I thank God for my family every day.. Life is precious.
Marge

Back
Top Bottom