did i just get old?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
uh-oh.
i just thought to myself, 'turn that noise down' when a harsh-sounding song came on. then i proceeded to turn it down in a very irritated manner.
plus i have two simultaneous, completely opposite health issues going on, and i'm fairly certain that wasn't supposed to happen yet.
i squint when i read even though i have somewhat good vision.
i avoid ultra-cheap beer.
i have to think how to spell, 'yes' for 15 minutes.
then i mispell it.
i can't eat dairy products like i used to.
hanging out with my Parents is a good thing.
i'm somewhat forgetful.
i'm somewhat forgetful.
i shout at my tv screen during 'the price is right'.
i watch the price is right.
i shake my head and say in awe, 'where DID the time go?'
i call people, 'dear'.
i check for gray hair and fine lines and (oh, my:ohmy: ) i
think i found my first fine line.
the music from my earlier years isn't so bad anymore.:mellow:
when someone calls and wants to go somewhere, i'm like, 'noooo, i'm too tired to go out.'
oh, no......

tee-hee, somewhat joking, here, guys, but i just realized i'm not as young as i used to be. wait a minute, no, i'm not joking too much at all. and i'm only 24.
wow.:-p

Last edited:
Yes Luvs, you are just so very old:rolleyes:

More like, getting wiser and yes, sounding like mom, just like all of us do:LOL:

Yes it happens!! The big handbag filled with who knows what that i vowed I would never have is now on my shoulder! When we go into clothes shops my daughter likes I am irritated by the loud music and the fact the sales girls all look like anorexic 16year olds! I have had high blood pressure since my late 20s and had kidney stones twice in my 20s when everyone kept saying "Gosh you're young to have that"
Luvs just wait til you hit 38 like me and suddenly you realise you are your mother more and more but you are actually proud. I don't feel old I feel wiser and more experienced.:)

luvs_food said:
uh-oh.
i just thought to myself, 'turn that noise down' when a harsh-sounding song came on. then i proceeded to turn it down in a very irritated manner.
plus i have two simultaneous, completely opposite health issues going on, and i'm fairly certain that wasn't supposed to happen yet.
i avoid cheap beer.
then i mispell it.
i'm somewhat forgetful.
i'm somewhat forgetful.
i call people, 'dear'.
when someone calls and wants to go somewhere, i'm like, 'noooo, i'm too tired to go out.'
oh, no......

tee-hee, somewhat joking, here, guys, but i just realized i'm not as young as i used to be. wait a minute, no, i'm not joking too much at all. and i'm only 24.

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: oh, no!

mrsmac said:
When we go into clothes shops my daughter likes I am irritated by the loud music and the fact the sales girls all look like anorexic 16year olds!

well, at least there's some comfort in that saying, tee-hee. i still shop at those kind of stores and look like an anorexic 16-year-old.:-p

Ha lucky you then!!!!!!!!!! You can just come out here and take Jessica clothes shopping so I don't have to suffer through it.:mrgreen:

Just wait until you find yourself finding tissues hinden
in your shirt sleeve! Now that's OLD!!!

pdswife said:
Just wait until you find yourself finding tissues hinden
in your shirt sleeve! Now that's OLD!!!

I remember finding tissue in my shirt sleeve, but, it wasn't suppose to be THERE, and I was about 6 or 7:LOL: :ROFLMAO:

Don't worry until you take your bra off at night and hear the change clank on the floor...and you hurt too much to bend over and pick it up!

KAYLINDA said:
Don't worry until you take your bra off at night and hear the change clank on the floor...and you hurt too much to bend over and pick it up!

i don't even want to know, tee-hee, but i know i almost lost a mouthful of beer after reading that one. it took all i had in me to hold that beer in while i was laughing.:LOL: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
luvs_food said:
uh-oh.
i avoid ultra-cheap beer.
then i mispell it.
i'm somewhat forgetful.
i'm somewhat forgetful.
i call people, 'dear'.
oh, no......

LOL!! My DAUGHTER will be 21 this spring! LOL!

Just wait until your sister becomes a Grandmother. :mrgreen:
It's a shock at first, but she's about to become a Grandmother again and it's not so bad this time.

Just wait until your daughter get's her drivers license.
You sit there remembering everything that happened from Collic to Caddilac's and realize you should have locked her in the attic when you had the chance.

Just wait until your daughter goes to college.
You hug them, you cry and you say "I'm never going to see my baby again", then 3 day's later the phone calls begin. Lab-fees, Gas money, food... You just take the phone off the hook, you sit there, you cry and you say "I'm never going to see my baby again". :mrgreen:

God Bless

~ Raven ~

Last edited:
KAYLINDA said:

:ROFLMAO: You don't want to know what I thought you were going to say.

KAYLINDA said:

woo woo :ROFLMAO:

"did i just get old?"

No, dear. You didn't "just" get old. It happens when you're sleeping. Don't go to sleep. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom