Do you ask your spouse what he or she wants for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
I never ask my hubby what he wants for dinner, he eats whatever I make and likes it. Sometimes he would ask me what's for supper but never asked me to make something in particular. He has asked me to make banana bread a few times but other than that . He is not a fussy eater ,thank God.

I sometimes ask him, and sometimes he asks for something, but he's not picky either. He eats pretty much whatever I make. When I'm making my weekly menu on Sundays, I ask him if there's anything in particular he wants, but he usually doesn't have a request, except maybe "something to grill" :LOL:

ALWAYS!!!
But he rarely has a request..... but I wish he would!!!! I LOVE input!!
Also makes me happy to know he likes something so much he requests it... but he doesn't request much because he will eat anything I make him. I like that too.
:)

I ask all the time...
and he always has an answer.

I don't know.
What ever you want.
What ever you make me is wonderful.
I don't care.
or
Fish sticks. lol.

LOL pds!!!!!
EXACTLY the same answers!!!
...... minus the fish sticks. He'd rather starve to death.

the wife gives me demands i mean requests.

sometimes Ill cruise threw the freezer, pantry, fridge and be like how about this.....

$0 cost and dont have to run to the store.

I do how ever sometimes get suckered into cooking even when I really dont want to and I say I dont want.

After along day at the zoo last week. I was like lets jsut get pizza and chill. I got a bunch of OKs then next thing I know im cutting chicken, breading frying, blanching sauteeing andbaking dinner.

My best freind did say to me "you have to cook, you went to school for it"

I told him I went to school to cook in a resturant not to make you dinner.

ahh good times.

Dinner came out good. as always. It was my freinds moms kitchen so I had alot of looking for thing and that and I had none of my tools. not even my knives.

Sometimes I do, and he's no help, at all. I get I don't care, or I don't know.
Which sucks because he IS a picky eater.

It's sort of erratic.

Sometimes I ask SO what she's in th mood for, sometimes I don't.

Sometimes she makes a suggestion or asks what I'm planning.

Sometimes we order in and I ask her where she wants to order from and sometimes I state my preference.

Sometimes we eat different meals.

always. I cook, but thinking up WHAT to cook just sucks.
Good thing wife has ideas usually.

I always ask, and he NEVER has an answer...unless we are entertaining then he has input (I believe so he can take partial credit!!:LOL:)
He usually wants to go out to eat, He CLAIMS because he doesnt want me to spend the whole night working in the kitchen....he swears up and down he loves my cooking...:ermm:
Only reason I know he's not lying is because he brags to everyone about my cooking:wub::ROFLMAO:

I sometimes ask, but, usually not. He'll offer a suggestion, which is mostly "some type of soup" as he LOVES any and all soups.

Unless I was stumped I never asked him. He usually asked me what's for dinner. He liked anything I made and he was so easy to cook for. Whenever I asked him his reply was always the same: Your spaghetti. (Oh geez, again?) He loved my spaghetti. I haven't made it in 3 years.

Rarely asked Buck what he wanted for dinner. He was so easy to please and I knew all his preferences. When I planned our meals I always made sure to have a selection of his favorites. He loved our meals and said I was the best cook in the county.

We also prepared meals together, which added to the enjoyment of any dish.

Sometimes I will ask her if she has something special in mind for a meal, but most of the time I pick the menu. Like Katie we have been together long enough I know what she likes and doesn't like and know how to create a menu that will keep everyone happy.
Since most of the time we do the shopping together, there are seldom any surprises for anyone on what we will be having for the week.

...Like Katie we have been together long enough I know what she likes and doesn't like and know how to create a menu that will keep everyone happy...

I agree. You can't sit at the dinner table with the same person for years/decades and not pick up a thing or two.

When I ask or she suggests, it's to find out what she's in the mood for. For example, I know she likes her fish pan fried with panko bread crumbs but she has to be in the mood for fish that day.

On the rare occasions that I have asked, James just says that whatever I fix will be good. What I do ask now and then is if he would rather have "this food" or "that food" (chili or spaghetti, tuna casserole or macaroni and cheese, etc.). Sometimes he will ask if we have the ingredients to make a certain thing, but not very often. He sometimes hints that something sounds good, and if I have what I need, and the time, I will make it then, or I will make it as soon as I can after that.

:)Barbara

Back
Top Bottom