Do you give into cravings?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angie

Head Chef
UGG! It's 8:30 pm and I'm making coffee!! I'm craving it and my decaf is crap so I had to make it with my caffinated coffee.

I just can't resist cravings. I'm this way with all foods and drinks. It's horrible!

Anyone else?

Oh, if you saw me you wouldn't even have to ASK! I can resist some things, and not others. Don't feel bad, I'm on the same time zone and thinking I want a cup of coffee too! I used all my decaf beans to make the girls iced frappuccino pitcher the other night!

Well make some so I'll have someone to talk to! LOL! Oh that's sad...it's Saturday night...

speaking of cravings, DH is jones'n for Choc Chippers ... AGAIN. He usually makes them, but his allergies are over the top today, so I gotta find a recipe ... NEED COFFEE.

with cravings i have no will power what so ever. mostly i go ahead and eat or drink it, and usually find i only want a little.

if i deny myself and eat healthy food instead, will end up eating what i crave anyway.

told u no will power.

babe:pig::pig:

I solved my problems with cravings very easily. I just changed the word "craving" to "necessity." No one would ever say I shouldn't have necessities. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: Seriously, I do give in to my cravings way more than I should. Will-power is not something I do well!

:)Barbara

OK - I now crave coffee (thanks guys) but I also want some vanilla ice cream. So................I have a bit of leftover coffee that I'll pour on my vanilla ice cream and stir everything up together and have my very own coffee ice cream.

Seriously - THANKS a lot! :LOL:

OR - should I use some of this delightful sherry (very oxidized and raisiny) that I have and pour over vanilla ice cream?

Last edited:
Cookies. Chocolate chip cookies. I do my best to resist, but they are soooo gooooood.

well, I caved on the cookies (for hubby), and of course ate half of them. So I stayed the coffee craving just to prove I could do it. LOL!

Usually crave what I know I shouldn't eat. The other night it was a great big bar of choclate. Fortunately there was none in the house. I also can't resist the skin of roast chicken.

I sort of give into my cravings as I feel it is my body telling me what it wants BUT I don't necessarily give in to the food item I crave but aim for the driver behind the craving. Like if I fancied KFC, I would just look for something with fat in it instead. Same with salt foods and milk items. But avoiding the actual craving just means I eat more cos I try for something else and still end up with the thing I craved.

I refuse to put a lot of effort into a craving though so if it means I need to leave the house just to do that when I have perfectly good food/drink here, then, no I won't do that at all.

Its funny when DH and I go shopping or to Dr appt's. etc. both can't wait to get home for COFFEE !!! :ROFLMAO: I hate when there is a craving for something not in the house ! (I don't drive) :( But if its here - I cave in !!!! :angel:

I agree, Barb - COFFEE. We dropped by to visit some friends the other night and brought some of the lemon pound cake I made that day. They don't drink coffee - what is cake without coffee? We got home at 11 pm and still had such a strong craving for coffee, we had to make a pot. Fortunately, we are retired and didn't have to get up and go to work the next morning.

Brie and Gorgonzola cheese spread on bagel chips and pistachios. I had these together last night. I enjoyed them and don't feel one bit guilty this morning. Of course, I don't get on the scale for few days.

My craving is usually a texture type of thing. Like I'll crave something crunchy. It could be chips, pretzels, crackers, sesame sticks, celery, carrots, as long as there's a good crunch. I've been buying the little individual bags of chips and pretzels for just such and occasion. One of those bitty bags will do me for a couple of days. Several months ago my craving was dill pickles. Now I have like 3 jars of pickles in my fridge, whole big ones, mini wholes and spears. Craving is over!

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I almost always look for alternatives, but then that can lead to more food, cuz I eat the alternative then eat what I was actually craving in the first place!

Back
Top Bottom