Do you have experience with saxenda injections or similar injections?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SEEING-TO-BELIEVE

Head Chef
you i inject and wait 10 seconds like i've been told, it hurts pretty much.

i wonder what is the right injection technique besides pinching the skin.

If you are injecting yourself for any medical reason, you should ask the prescriber or someone they recommend for advice on how best to inject medication.

There is some pain involved with an injector. If you swab with alcohol, wait until the skin is dry before injecting to avoid driving alcohol into your leg. My SO uses an injector and experiences pain each time.

the nurse explained it to me. it is just that i will meet another healthcare person not very soon.
while she explained it i didn't ask her what can lower the inconvenience..

it is to the belly.

this is why i asked if anyone has experience with this issue.
this is a free topics forum and there are not many other places to ask it online.

and it can be beneficial for others too. not just for me. either knowing better these drugs or knowing how to inject the specifically.

you don't have to answer but let others decide if they want

Last edited:
Well, I've been injecting medicine of one kind or another a couple times a day for well over a decade. There's no magic way to make it painless or convenient. It doesn't matter whether you inject it in the belly or the thigh - you're just getting the med under the skin, so pick a spot that has good padding, so to speak ;)

And as Andy said, wait until the alcohol has completely evaporated. It may take longer than 10 seconds and if you push alcohol into your skin, it going to hurt like HELLo! [emoji16]

the hurting part is the 10 seconds when the needle inside and there are some movements of the breath so the needle moves inside my belly. this is what hurts.

i don't even use alcohol. it is mot mandatory

...i wonder what is the right injection technique besides pinching the skin.
Himself has been injecting medication for well over a decade. He said what works for him is to scratch at the spot you'll be poking, as if you had a bug bite that itched. That way your nerve endings are distracted by the scratched sensation and ignore the pinch of the needle. It works for him; maybe that would work for you.

As an aside, our dentist uses an interesting technique before injecting a numbing agent into the gum - she grabs the check with the index finger inside the mouth and her thumb on the outside of the cheek and begins shaking the cheek. You're so busy with that sensation you mostly ignore the pinch of the needle going into your gum. Mostly...

Back
Top Bottom