Do you have Mother's Day plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I plan on phoning my M.I.L. and wishing her a happy mother's day. Other than that, I will be trying to ignore it.

I'll be doing the same thing I've been doing for the last two months..staying at home alone with my husband. We will make a special meal together.

My younger son has recently moved out of state but I'm hopeful my older son will come to visit with us..outside with masks on. I miss them both more than I can say.
Both of our own mothers are gone now, but we'll sure be thinking of them.

{{Taxi}}

Last edited:
I have plans, now I have to see if Mom wants to join in. She may have her own plans. I want to take her to the nursery to pick out her flowers. I will get cards from the stepkids.

I think Jr and DIL have been out and about and way busier and not staying in place. However, no one is asking my opinion. DIL works from home and Jr is laid off. Only hope they wear masks. They are not invited over. at this time. They will phone.

Putting in a grocery order tomorrow a.m. We've been having same day/ next day delivery lately. My main concern is if there is some tasty meat for the weekend. It occurred to me today that SO's favorite breakfast is eggs benedict, so I would make this as a MDay surprise. If no ham or bacons, maybe asparagus under the poached eggs. I can make hollandaise pretty good.

I will ask her what she prefers for dinner. I think she will say either grilled teriyaki chicken or salmon. Both are her favorite if teriyaki is involved. I 'd like to save the asparagus I hope the store has for dinner. Grilling if the weather is good. And we have other grilling stuff in the freezer if needed. Too many "if this/ then that's."

If the weather is nice, we can go for a walk along the creek. Don't need to stay on the paths or around the lake which can get crowded. And I think we used to have a badminton net. Set it up in the back yard. That's more our speed. I will have to go on a hunting expedition in the attic and basement closets for that.

I haven't consulted. And breakfast is a surprise anyway. She may have other good plans.

We've had a busy couple of weeks..sold a ton of seafood and steak orders for Saturday..we'll be ready to take it easy on Sunday..I have some King Crab legs, lobster tails and srimps ready to thaw and eat on Sunday..we'll probably just put the garden in most of the day then have a dinner..Next week is a biggy..we are reopening after 5 weeks..a few weeks ago we never knew if we would ever reopen again..

I think Jr and DIL have been out and about and way busier and not staying in place. However, no one is asking my opinion. DIL works from home and Jr is laid off. Only hope they wear masks. They are not invited over. at this time. They will phone.

Putting in a grocery order tomorrow a.m. We've been having same day/ next day delivery lately. My main concern is if there is some tasty meat for the weekend. It occurred to me today that SO's favorite breakfast is eggs benedict, so I would make this as a MDay surprise. If no ham or bacons, maybe asparagus under the poached eggs. I can make hollandaise pretty good.

I will ask her what she prefers for dinner. I think she will say either grilled teriyaki chicken or salmon. Both are her favorite if teriyaki is involved. I 'd like to save the asparagus I hope the store has for dinner. Grilling if the weather is good. And we have other grilling stuff in the freezer if needed. Too many "if this/ then that's."

If the weather is nice, we can go for a walk along the creek. Don't need to stay on the paths or around the lake which can get crowded. And I think we used to have a badminton net. Set it up in the back yard. That's more our speed. I will have to go on a hunting expedition in the attic and basement closets for that.

I haven't consulted. And breakfast is a surprise anyway. She may have other good plans.

Whiska, I just have to say how impressive your sweet plans are. Atta boy!!

we've had a busy couple of weeks..sold a ton of seafood and steak orders for saturday..we'll be ready to take it easy on sunday..i have some king crab legs, lobster tails and srimps ready to thaw and eat on sunday..we'll probably just put the garden in most of the day then have a dinner..next week is a biggy..we are reopening after 5 weeks..a few weeks ago we never knew if we would ever reopen again..

thumbs up.jpg

yay!!!

I was not fortunate enough to have ever met either of my In Laws.
My Mother lives a good 9 hour drive away from us now, and as
there is still a ban on un-necessary travel, she and I will have to make
do with just a telephone call, she's not good with Skype or Zoom or the sort...
I did make her favorite cake and sent it off to her, it should get
there by Saturday, so there's that.
I may even contact one of the local eateries that is delivering in her
area and have dinner sent to her :idea:

I'm living in quarantine with the mother of her children. I baked her what she wanted for Mother's Day dinner and she asked for meatballs. So I'll make a Sunday ragu with meatballs and sausages.

While I'm at it, I'll make a second batch of meatballs and sauce for her to have meatball subs. I have a recipe for Italian sub rolls from King Art. that I'll make a batch for the sandwiches.

No mothers and no mothers-in-law. Just us. Probably just be another day. As a matter of fact, I'd forgotten about it

Same here.
My sons reminded me of it yesterday.
It's going to be just another day here.
I already know they love me.No need to throw me a parade...:LOL:
Were fresh out of banners and pom poms.:cool:

Munky.

It’s just SO and me. I made her breakfast of waffles topped with diced apples sautéed with brown sugar, butter and cinnamon.

Dinner will be a T-Bone cooked over charcoal as she prefers. Baked potato with sour cream and butter and steamed broccoli

Dessert is lemon pudding cake.

A quiet day @ our place..

We had dinner with D&SIL yesterday and brought home enough of what they cooked and baked for dinner today..

Grandson grilled chicken and vegetables, daughter baked a red velvet cake..

Jeannie can just relax and accept Mother Day calls from her kids on the left coast..

Ross

Jr/ fam called twice, and grandkids both were talking at the same time both times with Gram on speaker phone, so it was hard to decipher them. They were having a good day.

We did make eggs bennie for breakfast. SO made hollandaise while I poached eggs. For a simple dish, all the parts makes it a wee bit complicated. I also added a small green salad with toasted sunflower seeds and a couple three partially sliced strawbs on the side.

It's a chilly wet windy day. SO is multi tasking this afternoon. Watching a movie while "resting" her eyes. Something I am an expert at as well.

A beautiful plant arrived yesterday from the "boys" and I had a long phone conversation with each of them. It makes me feel so content that they are well and happy in spite of this dang pandemic. The two of those men continue to be all I had hoped for. I am indeed blessed.
Souschef has been his usual self today, attentive and helpful with the planned dinner later. It will be special, and I'll post about it later at the dinner thread.

Back
Top Bottom