Do you know what your kids are saying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
Do you know the definition of the following words, according to your kids lingo?? I THOUGHT I knew, I only got #7:LOL: Don't look at the answers until you guess.

1. Cheddar

2. Busted

3. Rides

4. Money

5. Crunk

6. Home Skillet

7. Off the chain

1. Cheddar - Money { I need some cheddar to buy that video game.

2. Busted - Ugly {That person is really busted!}

3. Rides - Sneakers {Check out my rides.}

4. Money - Cool { If someone shows you something that you like, you just say, "Money"}

5. Crunk - Awesome {You should have been at that party last night, it was crunk!}

6. Home Skillet - Friend { Whats up, home skillet?}:ROFLMAO: :LOL: for some reason, I just think that funny!!

7. Off the chain - Cool {Oh man, that party was off the chain}

So, how did YOU do??

I did worse than I thought too. I only got #1 right.

The funny thing is when I was younger I went to camp every summer. At camp we always had our own language and Money was the opposite of what it is here. If someone was a loser or if something was uncool it was money.

Isn't funny how from generation to generation, the kids always change it?

phat is good
bad is good
There are so many more. Hopefully, some of the others will add to the list.

I didn't know any of them, however since I have been away from the English speaking society for several years, I have a legit excuse not to make this into a generation gap issue...Money!:ROFLMAO:

I have gotten into this habit of saying cool.... in a short upbeat tone. When someone complains about something or tells me something bad, I respond with "cool". Then the person sharing their bad experience looks at me and says "no, it's not cool!" Not sure where I got it from, but it has stuck for now. "Sattie, we had a tornado last night!" "Cool!"..... "huh?"

for #6, my daughter and her friends say "Home fries."
they also call each other "dude" (girls too) an annoying amount of the time.

I've been told not to use her slang myself.

urmaniac13 said:
I didn't know any of them, however since I have been away from the English speaking society for several years, I have a legit excuse not to make this into a generation gap issue...Money!:ROFLMAO:

urm, in italy, do kids have their own hand gestures???

By the time I was 25 I had 2 kids already!!!!Had #3 by the time I was 27!Wish I had waited until I was 47 to have the first then with any luck the memory goes by the time they are teenagers and you don't know and don't care what they are doin'!!!

thanks for a laugh, vicky!:LOL: i was planning on trying to have a baby this yr.; i opted for school instead. whew! think i'll try at 47 when senility isn't so far off!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom