Do you smoke?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
I don't smoke , am allergic to cigarette , cigar, pipe smoke. Even if I weren't allergic , I would not smoke. If I smell smoke in a restaurant or diner, I walk out, I refuse to eat there. Some places say they have a no smoking area but it usually not far enough away from the non smoking area. When I eat , I want to be able to savor my meal not smoke.

Yes I smoke, but never in a restaurant. I don't like to mix smoke with my food and don't like to eat in a place filled with smoke.
You wouldn't believe the number of filters around my house, or how often I take my smokes outside and away from the family.
Most people who come into my house have no idea there is a smoker in the house. I am hoping soon I will be able to get a prescription for the inhaler, the patch and gum already failed.

I smoke, but here in Ohio we can no longer smoke inside any public building. There was a huge hoopla about it when this law passed. Most bars felt that they would lose a lot of business. But I think most people find it refreshing to into restaurants and only have it be non-smoking. I don't mind as I never sat in the smoking section anyways.

I smoke, but here in Ohio we can no longer smoke inside any public building. There was a huge hoopla about it when this law passed. Most bars felt that they would lose a lot of business. But I think most people find it refreshing to into restaurants and only have it be non-smoking. I don't mind as I never sat in the smoking section anyways.

Same here, Illinois is smoke free in public establishments. I voted for it.

Okay, here goes........NO!!! LOL
As of 2 weeks today, no, I do not smoke.

But, I never liked being in a smokey area! My sisters and I ALWAYS ask for no smoking section. DH and I did not smoke in our house. I smoked in my car, but, had to roll down the window the whole time, not matter the weather, I couldn't stand the smoke, yeah, WEIRDO!! LOL

I smoke but I wish I didn't. It's way too much trouble because I only smoke outside. Sometimes when I'm sitting outside smoking in the freezing rain I really think I'm crazy!

Nope. My dad did, and I watched him choke to death for about 5 years before he finally died.

Yeah, so did my grandfather, he kept smiking and drinking until 95.

I quit, again, couple of years ago. I've been trying to quit sinse I was 16. I started when I was 12.

Never smoked, but grew up at a time when everyone elso almost did.

Remember being at family get togethers where you could see the smokey cloud. Had to leave as a kid because it burned my eyes.

With the exception of that kind of assault, I really don't mind smoke much. In a restaurant will sit in the smoking area if we can be seated instead of waiting for a seat in the non smoking area. And don't care if the hotel room is smoking or not.

Just me. The stuff generally does not bother me.

Talking about cigarette smoke. Pipe and cigars have no places in restaurants I believe.

i have smoked 52 years. i only smoke in my sunroom. it gets everthing dirty. never smoke in someones house or in public places.

i gave up spirits, sweets and sex don't intend at this late date to give up smoking.

babe

:):) I smoke I have a fan about 3 ft away in the window to suck the smoke out and another fan on the other side of me pushing smoke to fan in window. My house also does not smell of smoke. I hate being in smoky rooms and do not smoke anywhere I shouldn't.

I'm also allergic to smoking. My dad said he tried it once before he met my mom and said that he go sick from it. Said he'd never do it again. Both my mom & he do not smoke. Thank God! None of my siblings don't either. I grew up to where my mom & dad would allow other people to smoke in their house. Then my nephew was born and my younger sister & her son lived in their home for the first few months of his life. My sister said that she wasn't going to allow smoking around her son and my parents agreed to stop allowing people to smoke in their house. I grew up to where my mom would light candles and open the windows to help clear out the smoke smell, including during the winter months. My sister & I don't allow it in our house either. We sometimes provide clean tuna cans or small dog food cans for people to use outside. I'm single and have met guys who smoke. I know better than to try to change a guy by telling him to quit smoking. Smoking turns me off and I'm one of those people who also don't like going around smelling like it. I don't date guys who smoke but, who also heavy drinkers. My dad's 3 brothers are dead because of both.

I used to work in our small-town cafe. The husband/wife owners smoked and so did the adult help. My pet peeve was that I'd be working in the kitchen and the head cook and whatever other kitchen help we had would go out and smoke. I'd tend to an order while they're out puffing away on their cigarettes. One of the help told me that I was lucky that I didn't smoke 'cause it meant that I didn't have to take smoke breaks. Heck, just because I didn't smoke, it doesn't mean that I didn't need a break. Whenever I worked the evening shift, I'd come home smelling like smoke & the greasy food. The smoking was worse at night due to the beer-drinkers. The place only sold beer & wine coolers along with cigarettes & cigars. Last July, new management took over and it became a bar besides a cafe. The smoking got worse then. After less than a month, I left. Thank God!

Darlene

Never smoked, but grew up at a time when everyone elso almost did.

Remember being at family get togethers where you could see the smokey cloud. Had to leave as a kid because it burned my eyes.

With the exception of that kind of assault, I really don't mind smoke much. In a restaurant will sit in the smoking area if we can be seated instead of waiting for a seat in the non smoking area. And don't care if the hotel room is smoking or not.

Just me. The stuff generally does not bother me.

Talking about cigarette smoke. Pipe and cigars have no places in restaurants I believe.

You hit upon something I was going to bring up, auntdot.
What I have noticed in my life of watching things go from smoking to non-smoking, and myself go from smoking to non-smoking, is that it's the people who have quit smoking that put up the biggest stink about smokers. I like to call them "born again non-smokers".
You rarely find someone who hasn't taken up smoking in their entire life complaining, but run into someone who has quit sitting at another table or four bar stools down catch a whiff of smoke wafting through the air and you'd think it got blown directly into their face. The contortioning and faces they make should be on funniest videos. That's just something I've noticed.

Me, I rarely smoked in my home, never at work until shortly before I quit/retired, though it was a shop, never after a meal or first thing in the morning, but I still managed to smoke a pack if I was out drinking and shooting pool at night, or not drinking and playing a couple rounds of golf that day, which very often ended up in a loooong nineteenth hole. So I was a heavy smoker in a small time frame. I never liked the way my clothes smelled the next day, so I was doing a lot more laundery, but never complained about others even after I quit, as long as they were being "polite" about smoking and not blowing it directly at me, which doesn't happen to often when you're out because of fans and ventilation.

Smoking is not high on my list of things others do that bother me.

I smoke .. never inside a house .. or a car .. rarely go out to eat ..
when i do it usually outside ..

:) Most smokers are very polite and would never dream of smoking in someones house or anywhere else its frowned upon. We know we have a disgusting habit. And it is true most former smokers are more righteous than thou than non smokers.

Back
Top Bottom