Doctor Who Fans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mad Cook

Master Chef
BBC Radio 4Extra ran a 5 hour reading of the original Doctor Who serial - "Dr Who and the Daleks". All 10 episodes read by the actor who played the Doctor's first male side kick. Unfortunately it ran from midnight to 5am and I fell asleep and missed large chunks of it.

If anyone is interested you can listen to it on BBC Listen Again. Just Google BBC Radio 4x and when you get the site click on schedules and it brings a week' programmes. You need Sunday morning on the schedules(I get a bit confused over your time zones)

It was exciting but I wasn't as frightened as I was when I first saw it on our little black and white television in the corner of the sitting room 50 years ago

I love Doctor Who! But I hate the Daleks, the "rubbish bins of the Universe."

One of the boys in my school in Brasov made a Dalek from an old motorized wheelchair.

With love,
~Cat

You aren't far off CatPat. I used to go out with one of the original Dr. Who SFX guys and in the first series with the Daleks they had a miniscule budget and the daleks really were made with sink plungers and similar. I don't think the BBC realised what they had.

How to make your sons realise how 'cool' their Mother was :wacko: go out with someone who was involved with Dr. Who :LOL:

Oh the music!!

I still don't like the Cybermen..................they're not right
I have my own Tardis that my husband made me. It's my larder. Long narrow doors but massive inside................with ingredients from everywhere( and time probably!):wink
SAM_2454.jpgSAM_2453.jpg
:

If you have not seen The Night of The Doctor you need to Google it. It is a 6 minute prequal to The Day of The Doctor. I won't say any more...."Spoilers sweety"

we're a family of Doctor Who fans - went to TimeQuest some years back - uploaded photos here:

TimeQuest Photos by dcSaute | Photobucket

the Cyberman and ther Dalek are "working" models - as is K-9.

hard to believe but the BBC actually "sold off" props from the show.

in the pix with DD is one of two real K-9 radio controlled models. about ten seconds after this pix DD was in the rafters when K-9's new "handler" lifted his head and moved forward.

John Leeson, K-9's "voice" - is in the background (blue jacket)

Back
Top Bottom