Does anyone else here groove to Pandora.com?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

qmax

Sous Chef
I just love this site.

Internet radio, free. You create up to a hundred of your own stations, it saves them based on your email address.

You pick a song or artist you like, it doesn't play the song, but songs of similar characteristics based on a years-long mapping projects.

Since I work mostly out of a home office, I'll bet I am listening to it 5-6 hours a day. Especially love it when I am cooking.

I am long on the jazz fusion, latin and other international jazz stylings, lots of standards, particularly with female voices (Diana Krall, Ilona Knopfler, et al).

If you have not tried it, check it out. It is marvelous.

Do you subscribe to it? My coworker and I take turns using it. Last month, he ran out of plays lol! I told him to quit leaving it running over lunch and stuff but he wont turn it off haha!

Do you subscribe to it? My coworker and I take turns using it. Last month, he ran out of plays lol! I told him to quit leaving it running over lunch and stuff but he wont turn it off haha!

It doesn't run out. It will stop and ask if you are still listening at about 1 hour intervals, but if you click "yes", it will keep going. Like I said, I have it on for hours every day.

I don't subscribe. The only thing that buys is not hearing a commercial every hour or so.

It used to be that you could only skip a song that was being played 6 times during a session. But at that time, Pandora was getting it's money from the music co's. because they were exposing people to musicians they hadn't heard. The money they were getting from that couldn't pay the royalties. So they went to an ad based revenue model. Like I said, 1 ad maybe every hour.

oooooh how much do I love thee vista sidebar gadget! I will find it, and shun my facebook and twitter! But NOT, the accuweather!

Ok. I just got a notice that I am running out of free play. Seems that you get 40 hours per month. A $0.99 charge will get the rest of the month of unlimited play.

Ok. I just got a notice that I am running out of free play. Seems that you get 40 hours per month. A $0.99 charge will get the rest of the month of unlimited play.

Yeah, he hit some type of limit. I told him to check into it, it is usually not a nominal fee. Well worth it if you listen often though! :)

Back
Top Bottom