Does your husband have a death wish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do 90% of the cooking and 95% of the dishes. With a classic "absent minded professor/mad scientist" of a wife, it is just easier than splitting the dishes. (she CAN cook!)

Every now and then she will be a dear and unload the dishwasher for me. After a few events, she has learned that if she isn't exactly sure where I keep something, to just leave it on the counter. (She sometimes pads the pile with extras, I am sure! ;) )

She has also stopped being resentful when I ask her "what are you looking for" when she is in a kitchen cabinet. Saves a lot of time cuz I generally know where it all is.

Unless she just unloaded the dishwasher, of course. ;);) :chef:

I don't like that my husband to inter fare with any household works. He may assists me or suggest me (generally he does not) but final decisions is mine.

I have one maid and one cook so I don't require his help.

Appropriate "gotcha," snack. However, I never had the kind of experience you describe. I was lucky, in that Buck and I worked like a well-oiled machine in the kitchen. Some of our best times were spent creating dishes together. He was an awesome cook on his own and, together, we were quite a team. Maybe our secret was the number of years we spent in the kitchen together, 32.

I'm late coming in on this but I read about Buck, Katie, in that thread remembering him. You are so blessed to have had such a man.
I'm 42 and single, still, but I did have a very nice boyfriend for about two years back in the 90s but he was killed in a car wreck. He decided to make my kitchen more "efficient" and moved everything!! I came home, started to cook dinner for us, and to my horror, I couldn't find anything. I got him back in there and threatened him with my electric carving knife and he put everything back. Oh, he was a funny guy!!
Sad to say he passed two weeks before we were to be married. I still wear the wedding set he got for me. He also decided to move the litter box and my cats had a fit!
A death wish? Well, rearranging the kitchen and moving the cat box was flirting with death, I think! He was lucky the cats didn't eat him.

This is too funny. I love hearing about these stories you guys. Shortly after I posted this I had a really unpleasant convo with my mother that has had me feeling down all night, so this really lifted my spirits. Thanks a bunch and keep em coming.

Oh, I'm sorry, Snack. Maybe later you can have a better conversation.
Meanwhile, my brother thought he would "help" me move in here. He decided to move the small woodpile OFF the porch, he changed the faucets in the bathroom, and he wanted to paint the living room/dining area/kitchen a bright orange.
I moved the small woodpile back, replaced the faucets, and stopped him from painting the room orange. I asked him why orange and he said it would be a "focus point" in the cabin.
I said, well, focus this and told him not to do it. I left the paneling unpainted.
Guys are funny! Just don't let them paint anything.

What?!?!?! No painting??? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He wanted to paint knotty pine paneling! I was horrified! You should see his house - his living room is purple. The master bedroom is pink. Their dining room is a lime green.
I just don't share his taste in room colors, I think.

OK I am not so random as that, LOL! Mint green dinning room, sky blue living room, antique rose hall and stairway.... oh and someday the kitchen will have daisy yellow paint.

He wanted to paint knotty pine paneling! I was horrified! You should see his house - his living room is purple. The master bedroom is pink. Their dining room is a lime green.
I just don't share his taste in room colors, I think.
OMG! He must be my husband's long lost twin! (Although now that you mention it, my kitchen is lime green and my livingroom is orange and I actually picked the colors.:ohmy:)

I thought the correct phrase was -

"Whats MINE is MINE and whats Hers is Mine!"

;)

LOL.......!!!
I just couldn't see painting the paneling, my grandfather built this place and made the paneling himself. It's really nice!
I had to be in the hospital for hip surgery when my brother changed all the faucets. He put bright chrome faucets, modern-looking, where there were brushed pewter-type. I changed it all back, as my brother didn't throw them away.
I was going through some health isseus when I moved in here, my hip and back, and he was trying to help.

I do most of the cooking as I am more at home but DW still feels that it is her area and she organises it. I do subtle changes to suit me but otherwise am not too bothered.

My dad never would have touched my mom's kitchen like that. Even after she died he didn't move stuff around AND when he moved to PA, he put every thing in almost the exact spots they were in in California. That was before SHE moved in. SHE (my father's "woman") moved things around but when I'm up there, I actually move them back.

I think your "revenge" is great. I'm going to keep that one handy.

If your father is happy and does not care if SHE moved things around, then perhaps your should not disrupt their kitchen. I'm sure you miss your mother, but your father's happiness should be more important to you than where the corkscrew or basting brush are kept. If he does not care, then you should not care either. You should respect your father and not attempt to sabotage the relationship which is giving him joy. BTW, they can see right through your antics, and I'm sure SHE is sad that you don't accept her as your father's helpmate.

Yes, you can love more than one person in your lifetime, and that does not mean that your father loves your late mother any less.

Back
Top Bottom