Does your kitchen have a color scheme?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
if so, what's your kitchen color scheme look like?
mine's a bunch of red & pink williams-somoma stuff & deen&deluca stuff with silver & clear accents.
towels, mixer, utensil handles, etc.
lets hear 'bout your kitchen color scheme...:chef:
i'll try to send a pic.

Mine is white and a very vivid lime green with stainless steel appliances, work tables and open shelving. Some of the counters are a pale butcher block. The floor is black and white tiles. It's really bright and not a color scheme everyone would like but for me, it's perfect!

I didn't choose my colour scheme... but it is a deep, icky peachy-pink colour. Counter-tops, cupboard doors... much too much pink!

Changing its on my list... just after the bathroom's done!

Walls are a caramel color. Cabinets are oak. Floor too . Appliances are black and stainless steel. Countertop is black. That's about it

Last edited:
Mine is white and a very vivid lime green with stainless steel appliances, work tables and open shelving. Some of the counters are a pale butcher block. The floor is black and white tiles. It's really bright and not a color scheme everyone would like but for me, it's perfect!

This is really odd FM - I was JUST looking at your pics you posted and was going to PM you how much I like that green color. I LOVE your kitchen!

At the moment I have no color scheme in my kitchen. I know as I have been replacing appliances I have been going with the brushed stainless steel look. One day I hope to have red tile floors, real oak cabinets, yellow walls, not sure about the counter tops yet though. Some sort of granite just not sure which color will look right.
So basically a rough idea but nothing set in stone until I run it thru a design program and see what it looks like 'virtually'. I would hate to buy it all and then find out I picked all the wrong colors and they don't go together!! LOL.

I love your kitchen, too, FM. It looks like it was designed JUST for you (which it was). Very efficient and touches of wonderful color. I like the open shelves and lack of conventional cabinetry. I think open shelves are really easier to use. Oh, and my kitchen? Bright yellow, orange, cobalt blue, terra cotta tiles on the floor.

:) Was it you who liked my lime green cabinets? You are a girl after my own heart I love that color. The walls are a pale yellow the cabinet doors are lime green and the cabinets are a little bit darker yellow. I also painted one wall with a huge window a lighter lime green and the sponged a bit of beige and an antique white. Because the window is is not framed by wood I painted a dark orange frame and speckled it with some brown. I have a copper pot rack over two rolling island carts put back to back and the pot rack has a ton of copper pots etc, antique copper tea kettles. The lime green pantry has five copper chafing/fondue pots on top.

I rent, so my colors are neutral...but I have yellow and blue accents. I've always wanted a yellow kitchen!

Ya'll are the nicest people!!! I really do love my kitchen for so many reasons. It was a very dark and scary place before so anything would have been an improvement. Plus my kids and I did the entire thing from the ground up ourselves and we bought discontinued, used and sale materials so that the whole thing cost about $3500. That included appliances - everything except the work table in the center and the microwave, which I already had. So the color scheme, except for the green paint, sort of picked itself based on what I found on sale or used.

:) Was it you who liked my lime green cabinets? You are a girl after my own heart I love that color. The walls are a pale yellow the cabinet doors are lime green and the cabinets are a little bit darker yellow. I also painted one wall with a huge window a lighter lime green and the sponged a bit of beige and an antique white. Because the window is is not framed by wood I painted a dark orange frame and speckled it with some brown. I have a copper pot rack over two rolling island carts put back to back and the pot rack has a ton of copper pots etc, antique copper tea kettles. The lime green pantry has five copper chafing/fondue pots on top.
Yep, I'm the one who loved your green kitchen. Hopefully one day mine will be finished out more like yours. Your pot rack is fabulous and I love all the copper. It's so beautiful.

my kitchen is white, walls, cupboards are white, counter top one piece white . dishwasher and oven have black door.

most of things that stay on counter top are white. the floor is new, white tile with delicate, delicate bunchs of flowers, tiny bit of blue. curtains blue print.

dining room just an open area across from kitchen. blue toile valance with light blue tab curtains.

basically my whole house is white or pastel with blue accents.

oh, in my kitchen a skylight in ceiling. makes it even brighter.

i like an open, clean cottage look and that has been the aim. i love it.

you are all welcome to come and see.lol

babe:cool::cool:

Last edited:
Kitchen and all appliances are white. The room is very small and fairly dark, so the white helps to make it feel larger and brighter.

Only "accents" are Chessie, Ashley, Tween, Tigger, Miss Rodeo, Sally, etc.....They move about, so the decor changes regularly.

Yep, I'm the one who loved your green kitchen. Hopefully one day mine will be finished out more like yours. Your pot rack is fabulous and I love all the copper. It's so beautiful.
Thank You, but up close it's not so great I have decided to let the cabinets chip and crack and get that aged look I also have decided to not polish all my copper as well and let it age naturally. What I do need to do is wash the cabinets a bit. We don't own the house as the ranch provides us with housing. The cabinets were a depressing really dark brown color and made the kitchen dark and depressing so that is why I had to paint them it lightened up the kitchen and the colors are really cheery. I always feel good to see green my favorite color. Oh, and by the way the kitchen usually isn't that neat and tidy.:LOL: As I always say my house is not perfect because PEOPLE LIVE HERE. Not to mention DH, three dogs and two cats. When I was single I always had an immaculate organized apt but this is not so anymore and it makes me crazy but I wouldn't trade it for the world. But once in a while????:)

Me, too, Karen. Color can instantly put me in a good mood. Your gorgeous Mexican tile looks like it came from the pages of a magazine. I can picture ya'll laughing and cooking and living in that wonderful kitchen.

Thank You, but up close it's not so great I have decided to let the cabinets chip and crack and get that aged look I also have decided to not polish all my copper as well and let it age naturally. What I do need to do is wash the cabinets a bit. We don't own the house as the ranch provides us with housing. The cabinets were a depressing really dark brown color and made the kitchen dark and depressing so that is why I had to paint them it lightened up the kitchen and the colors are really cheery. I always feel good to see green my favorite color. Oh, and by the way the kitchen usually isn't that neat and tidy.:LOL: As I always say my house is not perfect because PEOPLE LIVE HERE. Not to mention DH, three dogs and two cats. When I was single I always had an immaculate organized apt but this is not so anymore and it makes me crazy but I wouldn't trade it for the world. But once in a while????:)
My cabinets before were a very dark brown and they had covered up 2 windows to accommodate more upper cabinets. It was so gloomy and dark. I hated it. Now, it makes me smile to go in my bright open kitchen in the morning and start my day with a cup of coffee in there.

I don't polish copper, either. I prefer the patina it gets over the years. And yep, my kitchen isn't dirty, but it's always a little messy with toys and projects and different things because we all seem to gather in there.

JP, I think your kitchen is beautiful as well. I love what you've done to your cabinets, walls, window frame, etc. I am a big fan of color. Keeps my spirits up.
:) Thank You, MK I also love color I also like your paintings they make sense to me as I have spent time in Mexico. I actually have a spare bedroom dedicated to Dia De Los Muertos and a bathroom as well. I also make crosses from wood that I wood burn or paint I also make crosses covered up with Milagros. I have spent some time in Mexico when I was younger once at 18 and once at 21 I'm 50 now. We would hitch hike or take the trains or buses I was a crazy fearless girl with not to much money.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom