Dog days are here again, what are you doing/not doing-to cope?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My latest is that a friend/neighbor who has central a/c offered too cook a nice summery meal if I'd host the location. Heck, yes, as long as people realize we eat outside or in the living room (where the little window a/c unit labors away!).

pool water temperature is 95 degrees--that's almost the same as body temp! a nice spring-fed lake would be SO awesome right now, or the atlantic--that's probably pretty cool too....

I have a pool, and generally, I swim til I am cool, do garden chores til I heat up, back to the pool, repeat as needed.

This week, the pool is too hot to be refreshing, so I am hanging out indoors. I let myself get heat exhaustion about 2 weeks ago, and the doc said stay out of the heat, period!! Once you suffer from heat exhaustion, you are more susceptible for a while, and I have done it twice already this summer. Dumb.

If you are sweating like a horse, and then get a little dizzy, get your silly butt out of the heat--don't let it progress to nausea and headache and spots in front of your eyes!! (And by the time you get to that point, your brain is not working correctly, so you are in real danger--you don't understand how hot you are.)

thanks for the heads up on heat exhaustion/stroke, sparrow. i hope everyone reads and heeds....:cool:

pool water temperature is 95 degrees--that's almost the same as body temp! a nice spring-fed lake would be SO awesome right now, or the atlantic--that's probably pretty cool too....

You can come swim in my pool. (Photo attached)

It's 78F right now in the water and 95 in the air.

I'm mostly a surf fisherman. I don't get in the water that often. (What a waste huh?)

Attachments

• 42_miles_of_Beachesweb.jpg
    42_miles_of_Beachesweb.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 148
You can come swim in my pool. (Photo attached)

It's 78F right now in the water and 95 in the air.

I'm mostly a surf fisherman. I don't get in the water that often. (What a waste huh?)

for realz! that's some pool you got--what i can see from the shallow end, anyhow...can't wait to see a pic of your yard, your playground--your disney world maybe?:)

for realz! that's some pool you got--what i can see from the shallow end, anyhow...can't wait to see a pic of your yard, your playground--your disney world maybe?:)

I really do love where I live. I'm a mile from that beach and my home is an acre of oak trees, bushes, gardens and critters.:)

The skeeters get old, as does the 9 million other insects, but the beaches, the fishing and my jungle yard make it all worthwhile.:cool:

I live just on the edge of 12 mile swamp. There are spots in that swamp that no human has ever seen, and it's full of critters! :ohmy::ermm:

Now that I'm retired, I have 50 things each day I want to do, and time for only 20. Bored in retirement? Not me!:ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom