Dogs, again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On the collar metal ID tags. These fit over the collar, instead of dangling below.

They are also tattooed along their sides with my name.
Looks kinda funny since I have to keep them shaved, but hey....

(OK I am kidding about the shaving and tattoos!)

I had a cat once that did have a number tattooed into her belly. I never did find out what it was for.

Was your cat a particular breed, Allen..... from a breeder? A lot of larger breeders (not necessarily mills) will tattoo a litter number to the inside thigh or thereabouts.

All I have on my dogs is their chip. Aside from my pup, they never wear collars.

tattoos would be visible, not bad idea. Hope I can ask someone at the store about suggestions. When I go there seems so many people and not enough help. Seems to be the trend. Just too many people

I remember getting some kind of tags from company that offered them if you sent in box top from the dog treats. Haven't seen any lately.

Chips are great, unless you are traveling to rural areas, where the dog catcher may not have a scanner. Also, if your dog just ends up down the street, your neighbor can't read a chip, and will have to take to the dog somewhere--maybe to the pound, where it can catch any number of diseases.

I have metal tags on the dog's collars, with my home and office numbers, and I write my phone numbers on the collar itself, with a sharpie.

I remember getting some kind of tags from company that offered them if you sent in box top from the dog treats. Haven't seen any lately.

Milkbones still offers this.

that's what it was Milkbones. Have to buy a box as I use these other things that are treats with marrow in the center. Mar O Snacks is the name. I will write them and see what they can suggest. If they need box tops I will just have t o go buy some.

Thanks for letting me know what I forgot.

Both of my Labs are chipped and have our name and number on a brass tag on the collar. Also, phone number inside the collar.

Tattoo is prolly not a bad idea, there could be a time when a scanner is not available.

Also, thinking the other way, something visable could be a theft deterent.

Our agility trainer told us that dogs are being snatched for fighting dogs to train on.

If you have a thouroughbred in good trim, theft is always a concern.

Both of my Labs are chipped and have our name and number on a brass tag on the collar. Also, phone number inside the collar.

Tattoo is prolly not a bad idea, there could be a time when a scanner is not available.

Also, thinking the other way, something visable could be a theft deterent.

Our agility trainer told us that dogs are being snatched for fighting dogs to train on.

If you have a thouroughbred in good trim, theft is always a concern.

See! That is something I always have concern about. All this dog fighting and puppy mills, these creeps do anything for thrill. And money. My dogs are schnauzer and came from rescue group. The one is so tiny that I have to worry about getting through the fence and then worry that someone use them for all kinds of experiments! You must be reading my mind as I fear that someone would do exactly that, snatch them. Would be even worse than having my car stolen which has happened already. But the dogs would be worse, they are a life and part of the family. Thanks for concern. Glad to hear all you people want to protect your animals. They are all precious.

Back
Top Bottom