Don't feel much like joking right now....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronjohn55

Head Chef
Hey all,

If I don't seem like I'm up to my normal quota of smart a**ed remarks lately, it's because we're dealing with a bit of an issue right now.

Monday night my uncle (Mom's last surviving sibling) was involved in a plane crash. He's hurt really bad, in fact it's been called a miracle that they managed to get him airlifted to the hospital alive. He has some pretty serious injuries, and all they can do at the moment is keep him sedated and kind of wait for him to stabilize a bit.

Every day without a setback (and so far so good) is a positive, so we're going with that. He has plenty of family and prayers with him, and if he's half the fighter my mom was, he'll be able to hang on. The whole family is staying positive and optimstic, but it does dampen the mood (does this qualify for a captain obvious award?).

We spent the day at the hospital yesterday, and I'm debating going back up tomorrow.

I'm not asking for prayers, because I already know he has a ton of them, but I just wanted to post this to get it out there, and explain why I may not be here cracking jokes as much for a bit.

Thanks!
John

OH John, I'm so sorry about your Uncle!! I'm sending prayer for your Uncle and your family!!

img_243080_0_6d41f9813aea47c4d434c291edef460a.jpg

Ron, I'll be thinking about you and your family and sending a prayer your way........Linda

John, your family will be in my thoughts and prayers as well. I'm glad at least your uncle is nearby where you can be with him.

RonJohn, MudBug said it best. We will take you - serious or silly - at any time. Also I want to say that I really appreciate you sharing that with us. Im sure it wasnt easy. I will pray for your uncle and you and your family. (((((((((((STRAIT HUG)))))))))))

(((John and family))) YOU can never have too many prayers so please accept mine for all.Love and energy, Vicki

ronjohn55... never can have enough prayers! You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I can understand your mood and feelings... so you are ok by me.

You know, when someone survives something, it's for a reason. He must be a great man with something special to accomplish.

I'll be praying not only for your uncle and immediate family, but also for the doctors and nurses that are attending to his needs. Please do keep us up on things, if you can.

Hang in there man! I can't even imagine what your uncle or your or your family is going though right now. He made it this far though. Stay positive that he will continue to get better each day!

Thanks everyone!

I've always known this is a good group, and I appreciate all the replies. We'll see what the future holds with this situation. I do appreciate all the support.

John

well, yer gettin my prayers too, whether ya like it or not. ok?

i'm sorry to hear it bud. i hope he comes through it ok. all kidding aside, we will be praying for his speedy recovery. god bless, man.

Ronjohn, I am so sorry this had to happen. Your uncle has been admirably strong, refusing to give up... and surely you can follow his example. I am sure there will be much more to come in his life, and yours shared with him awaiting in the future. All the best wishes to him, you and the entire family...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom