Don't laugh!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey WTG!!
41.gif
I must confess the only type of bike I can ride with conviction is the spinning bike, otherwise I can only teeter along and everything and everybody else must get out of my way before I run over them!! It is never too late to learn, keep up the spirit!!

Marm, good for you..YOu're moving, getting some exercise and fresh air, ENJOY..I'd love to have one..I hate two wheeled bikes...I usually end up in the ditch when I try to ride one :LOL: Have FUN!!! Go Marm GO!!!

kadesma

That's my kind of "Easy Rider." (Can't ride a bicycle either.)

I love it! I am a bikeaphobic as well! The first one I ever rode (my 6th birthday) ended up with me landing in a laurel hedge with (yet another) hole in my head! Next door neighbor found me unconscious and returned me to my birthday party covered in blood! Me + bike = disaster!

Have fun with it! Do you have a dog to ride in the basket?

Lol, my doggies are both too big for the basket - but Pippin, on the other hand, may enjoy a cool ride!:cool:

Gosh, it's so nice to hear so many bikeaphobes (?) out there! I usually get the look when I say I don't ride a bike, like 'huh'?

Marm, I'm not going to tell you all the things I can do. In my life, I have been blessed with exceptional ballance, very fast reflexes, and the natural ability to ride/drive/operate almsost anything I can get my hands on. But then again, I'm diabetic, love sweets too much, know how to cook too well for my own good, have worn glasses most of my life, and at age 49 and 99/100ths years old, am missing all those activities I used to do without a thought.

And I now realize that none of them could ever have, or will, or ever could bring me joy without someone to share them with.

It's not about the toys, or even the bodies we obatined at birth. It's about what we do with ourselves, and the relationships we cultivate. If a trike gives you freedom to get some air, exercise, and to just plain make you smile, then that is a prescious gift.

There are many things I can't do, things I wish I could do, like play piano, or guitar (I truly love well played music, be it rock 'n roll, or classical, or rap), or ice-skate (had weak ankles as a kid), or remember a list of grocery items without having to write them down. I wish I had the ability to turn great ideas into reality. I wish I had a mechanical engineering degree. I wish I was great at math. I wish I didn't suffer from test anxiety problems where math is involved.

We are all given unique and wonderful tallents, and weakneses to go along with them. You have a talent for making people smile, at least on DC. And that's a prescious talent indeed. Don't worry that you can't ride a bicycle. Instead, be proud of the things you can do, and they are many.

Congratulations on your purchase. I hope you get a ton of smiles from it.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom