Don't Mess With This Woman

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
psychotic being he was.
sheesh, see why i carry a switchblade? i'm known for my kind nature, yet showed a few who was boss since friday for thier comments i care to avoid posting w/out me saying more than i said 'get out of my sight'. they slunk away rather quickly after i asserted that switchbladewas nearby.

Last edited:
I am happy that the woman was able to successfully defend herself. And I don't feel a bit sorry for the criminal. But I think a hero is someone who does something for the good of others, at some sacrifice to themselves, be it giving up a golf game to be at their children's softball game, or risking their lives to save someone else.

I believe the woman in this case is to be congratulated in defending herself, and for taking this vermin from society. If she continues on this path, and is able to remove her estranged husband from society, and not for revenge, but because he is slefish to the point of murder, then she will be a hero.

To be abe to save my own life makes me prepaired. To save another in spite of risk to myself would make me a hero. See what I mean?
That's my humble opinion.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Goodweed of the North said:
I am happy that the woman was able to successfully defend herself. And I don't feel a bit sorry for the criminal. But I think a hero is someone who does something for the good of others, at some sacrifice to themselves, be it giving up a golf game to be at their children's softball game, or risking their lives to save someone else.

I believe the woman in this case is to be congratulated in defending herself, and for taking this vermin from society. If she continues on this path, and is able to remove her estranged husband from society, and not for revenge, but because he is slefish to the point of murder, then she will be a hero.

To be abe to save my own life makes me prepaired. To save another in spite of risk to myself would make me a hero. See what I mean?
That's my humble opinion.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I agree with you, as does the dictionary:

2. A person noted for feats of courage or nobility of purpose, especially one who has risked or sacrificed his or her life: soldiers and nurses who were heroes in an unpopular war

I am not so sure about the term "hero", but I do not really see a good use for a hitman in society, so is it a loss? She may have saved several lives he would have taken in the future. His worth may be arguable, he is a human being, and hopefully, some day in his future he would have learned from his ill ways to change and be a better person. Desperation can turn a truly good person to survival mode... or he is really just a worthless being, which I cringe to deem any soul. May he rest in peace, and thank goodness it wasn't this woman, who, thank goodness,knew how to defend herself.

BlueCat said:
Did someone call her a hero? I must have missed something.

BC

The question was asked in the thread. And I think it was a good question because the term "hero," in my opinion, has been so overused as to be almost divested of its true and important meaning.

This woman defended herself. She was undoubtedly brave and very lucky.

Last edited:
suzyQ3 said:
The question was asked in the thread. And I think it was a good question because the term "hero," in my opinion, has been so overused as to be almost divested of its true and important meaning.

This woman defended herself. She was undoubtedly brave and very lucky.

I saw the question, but didn't understand why it needed to be asked, as the poster said it did. I don't recall seeing anything about her being called a hero.

BC

BlueCat said:
I saw the question, but didn't understand why it needed to be asked, as the poster said it did. I don't recall seeing anything about her being called a hero.

BC

You're right about that. At least I didn't see the word used in the article. I would assume that the poster just brought it up as an interesting question to think about.

lol, a "slight" hitman, with a hammer no less. that's incredibly stupid, but criminals aren't known for their intelligence, until they go to prison. essentially, criminal school.

it's just as dumb as a skinny chick with a switchblade, imo. sorry luvs, but that's just plain stupid. you're asking to have it used against you, as well as being convicted of assault with a deadly weapon. depending on the size or style, it could be illegal just to carry it.
i know i shouldn't prolong this, but how many fights have you been in where a knife was pulled? this ain't hollywood.

i think the nurse can be considered a hero in an abstract sort of way. after the fact. yes she was just defending herself, but ended up taking out a (wimpy, chuckle) bad guy.

I agree with Bucky, luvs. Get rid of the weapon before you either get hurt or get arrested.
Also agree that the word "hero" is overused today. She was a lucky woman to have been able to save herself.

luvs said:
psychotic being he was.
sheesh, see why i carry a switchblade? i'm known for my kind nature, yet showed a few who was boss since friday for thier comments i care to avoid posting w/out me saying more than i said 'get out of my sight'. they slunk away rather quickly after i asserted that switchbladewas nearby.

Luvs; I agree. Lose the blade. But as for self-defence, basic training in marshal arts such as ju jitsu, Kuk Sool Won, or others that teach submission tactics, with throwing and striking techniques will show you how to easily defend yourself with a minimum of effort on your part.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

buckytom said:
it's just as dumb as a skinny chick with a switchblade, imo. sorry luvs, but that's just plain stupid. you're asking to have it used against you, as well as being convicted of assault with a deadly weapon. depending on the size or style, it could be illegal just to carry it.
i know i shouldn't prolong this, but how many fights have you been in where a knife was pulled? this ain't hollywood.
quote]
we're allowed a switchblade via my location.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom