Don't you hate it when ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
I'm getting ready for a road trip from Illinois to Florida. I'm very good at packing and planning road trips. But even so, it is going to be freezing here when I leave, and I'll probably need shorts there. Don't you hate it when no matter what decision you make, it will, guaranteed, be the wrong one? the last time I went to Florida, I wound up with a pair of pants I needed for the return trip, hated them, gave them to Goodwill, and hope someone got them for really cheap.

So my question is, don't you do things you just hate doing, but have to anyway?

Everybody ends up doing stuff they hate at one point or another. Often it's because you're married and doing it for continued domestic tranquility. For example, I'm going to SIL's tomorrow for a birthday party that includes dinner. I've talked about dinners at SIL's before...

Yeah, you're right. It is a part of being in any relationship. Hubby is complaining a bit about this trip and I just joke back at him ... we spend the first 15 years of our marriage visiting hi parents, now the second visiting mine. Get over it. PLUS, a biggie for me, we were pet-free for a couple of years and I wanted to take a real vacation (visiting family is NOT a vacation, much as I love them, and I do); but somehow we never "got around to it." So now I'm stuck with staying in hotels that take dogs, no restaurants. This is not a vacation.

I have to go on those "vacations" to take care of my elderly parents alone because DH's dogs are too active to be around s/one who uses a walker. And, I can't take Harriet and Myrtle (my laying hens who think they are little dogs) across the border.

When I was young and poor, I had no choice and life was in many ways easier.

When I got older many choices opened up for me and life became much more complicated.

Now that I am older still, I have become more self-centered and eliminated as many of these "choices" as I can!

I suppose that if nothing else can be said for these choices they build character:ROFLMAO:

CWS, my heart is with you. At least my husband agrees with me that small dogs are what fulfill our life-style, and although he might complain, he agrees that we neeed to spend time with my parents while I still have them. And my 20 pounder doggie has proven to be train-able. Thank heaven!

Hah! I called my mom and told her we were going to Oregon this year...she said, "Great! have fun!" Sometimes our parents surprise us.

Mom called the other day. She had a great idea. (Bad sign.). When I'm off work in June, Baby bro would drive from Mpls, dig up Mom's hostas and other perennials, pack them and her up, take all back to Mpls, then DH, dog and I can drive up to Mpls and I can replant the perennials for Baby Bro at his new place.

Something is missing here.

Mom called the other day. She had a great idea. (Bad sign.). When I'm off work in June, Baby bro would drive from Mpls, dig up Mom's hostas and other perennials, pack them and her up, take all back to Mpls, then DH, dog and I can drive up to Mpls and I can replant the perennials for Baby Bro at his new place.

Something is missing here.

Just let him take the dog if he needs help digging the holes...:)

I used to dig in August, in Eastern Colorado...did the whole trench my Dad wanted for his terraced yard...for some reason he always had a shovel job when I was on vacation. I was really mad, three summers later, when he filled in the trench.:LOL:

PrincessFiona60 said:
Just let him take the dog if he needs help digging the holes...:)

I used to dig in August, in Eastern Colorado...did the whole trench my Dad wanted for his terraced yard...for some reason he always had a shovel job when I was on vacation. I was really mad, three summers later, when he filled in the trench.:LOL:

Think I know whose holes I will be digging. Grumble. Shh, you didn't hear it here.

Sadie is a sniff dog, not a dig dog. Beautiful but useless.

don't you hate it, when someone asks you to make something for them. then won't listen when you give best way to do it.this is in reference to granddaughter, wants me to make a cover for the head board of her bed. her idea will not work, so we are still at odds over it. she has two twin head boards pushed together. wants one cover to go over the both. she can't seem to get it that it needs two separate covers. i could do her way and she will hate it. we shall see!!

babetoo said:
don't you hate it, when someone asks you to make something for them. then won't listen when you give best way to do it.this is in reference to granddaughter, wants me to make a cover for the head board of her bed. her idea will not work, so we are still at odds over it. she has two twin head boards pushed together. wants one cover to go over the both. she can't seem to get it that it needs two separate covers. i could do her way and she will hate it. we shall see!!

It sounds like she needs to learn to do it herself and to learn by trial and error.

DYHIW you let your doggie out first thing in the morning and she comes back onto the porch and throws up something unidentifiable -- before you even get your first cup of coffee. :( It's getting so the most frequent words in my vocabulary are "what now?".

Back
Top Bottom