Dove's Kitchen Table...we get by with a little help from our friends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awww Elf...I miss you too.

I just felt like a fish out of water without Paul. I have never in 52 years been in his sisters homes without him. It was so hard to be there. Each day I would wake up and say " I want to go home" So I did..9 days early.

Oh, Marge, so sorry to hear you cut your trip short because of your discomfort. You have been through so much these past few years. It will get better with time. You will never forget your loved ones but you will heal and go on. You have many friends here at DC who support you and love you and are praying for you.

Dove, I read about your going away and was glad.
It's good to get out, test the waters.
But, I'm also glad you know yourself and like yourself enough to know when enough is enough.
No place like home, no matter what that means.

Welcome Home.

I'm wondering how Katie made out. I bet it was a long and turbulant day for her.
Will post a new thread, I think.

I have been having dreams of looking for Paul. the last 3 he was in Vietnam and hasn't written to me for 7 or 8 months. I am then there looking for him. They tell me he has already left for the States...I wonder if this is connected to my being in his home town with his sisters and he wasn't there???

I have been having dreams of looking for Paul. the last 3 he was in Vietnam and hasn't written to me for 7 or 8 months. I am then there looking for him. They tell me he has already left for the States...I wonder if this is connected to my being in his home town with his sisters and he wasn't there???

Probably.

Marge, don't look so hard for him. He is right there with you. Just check your right shoulder......... (those we love the most never really leave us. sometimes we just need to be quiet to hear them). Today would have been my dear Stan's 74th birthday. Instead, he has been gone for more than 25 years. But he is never really very far away. I just can't touch him...

Go easy on yourself. and I understand your need to go/be home. Next time it will be a bit easier. We are all with you, sweetie.

sending you lots of hugs. :)

oh dove, you break my heart. also you make me feel better to know you dream of your husband as i do.

sometimes as i just wake up, i reach out to him on his side of the bed and for just an instant it is real.

i haven't been able to sleep in the middle or on his side of the bed and it has been twelve years. in many ways, i am glad memories of him are so fresh. he was the love of my life and i miss him.

babe:(

I have had several dreams about him backing up when I reach for a hug..Kevin was out at the shooting range and was wishing his dad could see how well he was shooting. That night in his dream he could see dad and would start running towards him. Paul would disappear every time. He said he woke up sobbing. Do you think this is Paul's way of saying " It's time to let go?"

No... he will never be far from you, you just can't touch him. Maybe that's what he's saying. Why don't you ask him?

sending all of you hugs, Marge. :heart:

some people are good at letting go, some are readily comfortable with the thought of passively holding on.

marge, i hope you find your peace in either, or at least a balance in between.

I think what is going on is that John became very ill just 3 month after we lost his dad. I didn't really have time to grieve for Paul and now the dust has settled...i am. Does that make any sense?

I think what is going on is that John became very ill just 3 month after we lost his dad. I didn't really have time to grieve for Paul and now the dust has settled...i am. Does that make any sense?

that certainly does make sense. when we are so close to someone and they leave us, a piece of us goes as well. i find the memories coming at the oddest times and places. course mine are also bound up in the violence of his death.

just go with it dove, when you don't need it anymore it will stop. i am not sure when that might be though. just know you are not alone.

babe:)

Marge it makes perfect sense. You got caught up in a whirlwind..Paul, then John, losing our husbands or parents hurts so much, but losing a child, that is something we cannot understand. We know and accept the fact we should leave our children and go home and that they will continue on. Then all of a sudden all we know and accept gets ripped and torn and we are left to sort it out..Right now you are finally starting to grieve fully for Paul, but the fact that you have John to mourn puts a double burden on you..The dreams will fade after awhile and with time peace and soothing memories will come for you..Rest and remember your loved ones, they are right there Marge..I see my dad each day as the little hummers come to the feeder..I have one who will come hover over my head if I'm on the lawn with the hose. I firmly believe this is a signal from daddy and it makes me know I'm not alone...Welcome your dreams when your loved ones come in them...You are never alone, they are always right there with you...Close your eyes and there will be times a slight soft whisp of air will brush your hair or face..I know then they have been with me.ou will too.
kadesma

I have had several dreams about him backing up when I reach for a hug..Kevin was out at the shooting range and was wishing his dad could see how well he was shooting. That night in his dream he could see dad and would start running towards him. Paul would disappear every time. He said he woke up sobbing. Do you think this is Paul's way of saying " It's time to let go?"
It could also be your subconscious way of asking permission to move on. Either way, take whatever time you need, and know that we are right here for you. Our prayers, as always, are with you dear Marge.

:)Barbara

makes perfect sense, Marge! and grieving for both your husband and son at the same time must be exhausting.

sending you an extra dose of love and light to help see you through. ;)

I think of you often, even if I don't say so as much.

i had the strangest dream last night. We were in an RV very close to the ocean. I could almost touch the water but it was so still..no waves. We were sitting on the RV steps and I touched his leg and asked "how do you feel?" he answered " If I could feel this good for a few days, I wouldn't make my wife a widow?"............................
This is the first dream that he spoke to me and I could hear his voice...and I was calm.

(The ocean is my most favorite place on earth.)

I agree with Bucky Marge, Paul and John are helping you come to a peaceful time in your life..They are right there with you and will always be at your side watching after you..They want you to know a calm peace now.

kadesma

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom