Dove's Kitchen Table...we get by with a little help from our friends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchenelf

Chef Extraordinaire
This thread was designed so we could all walk with Dove as she moves forward after the loss of Paul (her husband) and John (her son).

We all need support during difficult times and we just want you to know, Marge, that as we sit at your virtual kitchen table, we come as friends and we are all moving forward with you.

We love you!!

I'm pulling in to Marge's kitchen table and would love a cup of tea or a decaf coffee along with a chat, and I hope others come along from DC. I've known Marge through her entire experience with the loss of her husband and son and am here to offer my ear to her.

Hi, Marge! Buck and I are so happy to be able to sup at your table. We promise to be good doobies and not cause any misdeeds that would send us to your woodshed. Don't want to go there.:LOL:

We love your table and if if it's anything like ours or the one we grew up with, we all hope the table doesn't talk.:ohmy:

Buck and I and all our kitties (Chessie, C.J. Tween, Ashley, Torie, Tigger, Sally, Miss Augie, and Miss Rodeo) all send our love, best wishes and purrs.

Don't let Dove be intimidated by all the kitties.:LOL:

What a great thread, Elf!

Besides, we can share our coffee cake recipes here, too! When I was a little girl, neighbor ladies would bring coffee cakes over to share, and I grew up just loving those homey goodies. :)

Hi Marge,
so glad we will have this cozy corner to get together..There is nothing better than a face to face chat with loving friends to sooth our hurts and raise our spirits...To have a friend such as you and our elf is a blessing.
hugs,
kades

What a nice place to relax and share with friends. Pull up a seat Marge. I'm here to listen and share along with the others.

:)Barbara

I can almost visualize the warmth, almost as a cozy fireplace aglow, as friends and more friends sit and share fond memories, warm stories, comfort and support. When friends, a kitchen table, good thoughts and sincere expressions come into the meeting place of any home, all who are there will somehow prosper.
Appreciating this deed and planning on supping with kind friends.
Our most tender thoughts are with you here Marge as well as listening ears and big huge shoulders.​

What a lovely idea! Marge, I'd say you are going to need a larger table. With so many of us behind you with whatever support we can offer, there will be one of us sitting here quite often. You have really done well and I hope we see lots more of you here. Best wishes.

may i join you ladies, and buck? {{{{{{{marge}}}}}}}

i fondly remember my early childhood mornings. when we moved from brooklyn to joisey, we bought a house down the block from and right next to another one of my mom's sisters. every morning, the three would get together at one of their kitchens for coffee and cake, with the youngest of each in tow.
now, while it was great to play with my cousins (and plot against our respective older siblings), the best part was getting to sip milky, sugary tea and share the various cookies and coffee cakes. i mean, they had worked hard all morning trying to get all of their children off to school and hubbies off to work, so now they were just happy to sit together, enjoy some conversation and shut the remaining few of us up with sweet cakes before the rest of the housework would begin.

so with that in mind, here's some of my mom's norwegian butter cookies for marge. the sweetest you'll ever taste. :)

BuckyTom, this homey place (DC in its entirety, and this thread in particular) is not restricted! Everyone here who loves Marge -- and as far as I've seen, that's pretty much all of us.

So put on the water for tea and pull up a chair! :D

Well if you see a white dove sitting there while you're all having a coffee it'll be the homing pigeion from across the pond bringing good wishes to Dove and to all of you from me.

bang!!!

oh geez, i'm sorry csalt. i was tryin' to rustle up something for lunch! i thought you were was a pheasent...:cool:

lol, ok, i know. i'm off to the woodshed.

Hi Dove, I'm bringing an urn of coffee and a blueberry coffee cake to go with. I think you're going to need it with all these folks coming in to chat and hug.

I'm putting another leaf in this table - it's getting rather tight around here!
I've got some lovely good earth tea to share too.

I'm on my way with some hot cinnamon rolls. I made a double batch for all the dear friends who will be there.

You are all so wonderful and so welcome in my home anytime.

Thank you Elf for this new sticky page..it brought tears to my eyes to think that you did this for me and anyone else who needs to share...
Love you all
Marge

What a wonderful idea!! I absolutely love it!!

Hey, scoot over please. I will take BT's seat while he's getting his punishment:-p

There is nothing better than friends and/or family getting together around a table and sharing with each other. You have all become a big part of my life in the last few years. I don't think I would make it without you guys!!
Marge, I love seeing you on here and your groan threads:LOL:
They make my day when I read them. It's the silly things that help everyone through sometimes.
Anytime you want to share a special moment, or just come in and need a shoulder, we are all here to help you through!!

img_543449_0_3f293e452c4b5eaee8f67922385eb110.gif

Back
Top Bottom