Dr. Scholl's gel inserts....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suziquzie

Chef Extraordinaire
Anyone used these? Are they really that comfy?
My favorite pair of tennies to wear to work seem to have broken in and stretched to a size too big. :huh: weird..... I ALWAYS wear a 7, I could go 6 1/2 on these...
Anywho, I thought I could take up the extra space with inserts, and also stop the ache in my tootsies at the end of the day at the same time.
Like 'em, or got one you like better?

Hey, Suzi. I got them because the bottom thing inside my favorite pair of flats (don't know what that's called ;) ) was getting old and coming out. I like them a lot - you can cut them to fit, and they're quite comfortable. HTH.

Hi SQ - I used gel inserts for a while. I do not remember if they were Dr. Scholl's or another brand. They did help. In the long run, I ended up getting new tennies. Over time, the material in the shoes compresses, and I guess stretches too. the insert compensates for some of the compression in the shoe, but not a lot or for long. Also if the insert is thicker than the insert that came with the shoe then the whole inside of the shoe could become uncomfortable.

My experience may not be yours, as I am probably a lot heavier than you are.

AC

I've not used the gel inserts but Dr. Scholl's has an athletic support insert that I used in a pair of tennies when the cush was gone. They work really well, have good cushion, arch support and did make the shoes fit better. They might be a better fix but I'd plan on getting a new pair sooner rather than later. Also, one of the girls I worked with (nurse in doctor's office) had the gel inserts and one day the one broke so she was walking around all day with a wet foot and it stained the inside of her shoe and her sock blue. May not be the best thing if you're on your feet all day!

in my case, it did not help , ended up had to have orthotics made instead of using those gels.

I loved the pair I had in my tennis shoes. I walked around on rocks disguised as a sidewalk (don't ask, I still don't understand why the racetrack seems to think rocks make for a good walking surface) for a day and at the end of the day bought a pair to wear the next day. They totally helped out. I loved them.

where's mikki?
we need some inside info. she could ask her boss if he/she recommends a brand.

or for those who often put their foot in their mouth, we could ask larry i guess... :huh:

I here, My boss would say to get a new pair of shoes, but for what you want suzi I think the dr scholls would work.

I swear by those things. I usually buy a new pair whenever I buy new shoes. I have two sets, one in my hiking boots, and one in my work shoes.

when i worked on my feet for 12 or 16 hours, i found tennis shoes to not be the best shoe. went to a med. harder shoe with laces. found they gave more support and less impact on hard floors. some are quite attractive and come in black, bone etc. check at a good shoe store, not payless etc. your feet being comfortable will lessen fatigue :cool:

Yeah, they do add a level of cushioning to your step that foam doesn't (foam compacts very quickly, the gel seems to last longer). Hey, they aren't that expensive, try one pair. My husband swears by the ones I bought for his bedroom slippers.

The foam ones never lasted very long for me and didn't seem to help that much, but the jells did and they certainly improved things. They aren't that expensive, might as well give em a try and see if it helps you out. Sometimes if there isn't enough room in the shoe after putting the jell in, I will take what is left of the original lining out and that usually does the trick for me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom