Dream Girls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw it at Xmas, I thought it was pretty good but not as great as everything keeps saying it is. I thought some of the music was soo cheesey - but the story line itself was good. Jennifer Hudson and Eddie Murphy made the movie for me.

I agree with Toots, only I liked most of the music a little more. Eddie Murphy was perfect in his role - I hope he gets recognized at Oscar time.

What I want to know is, who is the famous jazz guy who played Max, the club owner who lets Effie sing in his club? It's driving me crazy - I'm 99% certain he is one of the jazz greats in a cameo role.

I heard a small clip of the soundtrack, and immediately went out and bought it two days after it was released- I am pretty sure that was a month or so ago. I don't think I had even seen the previews and didn't know what the movie was about, but Jennifer Hudson's voice is PHENOMENAL!!! I am cheap, and wait to rent movies! Looking forward to seeing it though! Jennifer Hudson and Eddie Murphy won "something" (shame on me) at the Golden Globe's last night for their performance. I was half-listening, half cooking, but I heard it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom