Drivers license for daughter :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amber

Executive Chef
Ok, well this may be boring to some, but as we all know, this is a huge milestone in ones life. I had no idea that my daughter was taking her drivers exam today. She popped home and announced she got her drivers license! I was so proud of her ( oh and felt a bit old sitting in the passenger seat). She has a lead foot though, kind of scary at times, but I bit my tongue for the most part. Seeing as she will have to pay for her own insurance, I told her she might want to start going the speed limit. She said if she gets a speeding ticket she will lose her license for three months (thats a good thing!)

Anyway, I am a proud parent today! I was the first person she came to see after she got her license, and she said "is there anywhere you want to go mom"? :) Just so happened that I had to return something at a store, and with those funds I bought her some car supplies (air freshener, upholstery cleaner, cd holder, trash holder). Ok, thanks for letting be boast about my girl ;)

That's a major milestone. You little girl is growing up!

Take advantage of the situation and send her out to run errands for you before the novelty wears off!

Oh Amber...such a great milestone. When my boys initially got their licenses, they'd run any errand and we really enjoyed that. Way too quickly, errands became a pita and we'd have to wheel and deal.

Not much of a problem since if they wanted the car on the weekend, they had to do what mom asked during the week. LOL, going for a loaf of bread would be an hour and a half....geez, the good ol' days. I miss them. :)

Congratulations to your daughter and a hug to her Mother!:)

Congratulations to both of you, Your daughter for getting her license and to you for raising such a responsible young lady!

I personally just went through this 2 weeks ago myself with my son and I wasn't nearly as calm as you are!

Congrats. to your daughter - went through this with two boys, it was very scary for me! They do drive too fast at the beginning, but after a ticket or so, they learn fast in the first year !

Amber I am so glad for your daughter. I remember when I took my driver's test I stopped at all the lights and stop signs, but unfortunatly there was a dark green apartment building and I stopped - looked around and then processed back to the the Department of Motor Vehicles.

The gentlemen that give me my test that I scored a 98 percent but he was going to have to fail me because when the green apartment building was there was a red right and I went right through it.

We survived five getting their drivers licenses. By and large they all were very responsible. The worst thing we really had to contend with was the kind of vehicle they drove. Some could barely be considered cars. More like Bondo with wheels.:LOL:

Congratulations to both of you!!!

Congrats ... and good thoughts to you (being the 1st of two daughters in our family who got a driver's licence). My poor sister has had 3 speeding tickets and one wreck and she still has a lead foot (80 on a TX highway?!). So, I wish you and your daughter lots of good luck!

You will never sleep again.:sleep: I officially stopped sleeping 4 years ago. It's amazing what you can accomplish on no sleep.
Congratulations and learn to live on naps :wacko:!

amber said:
Ok, well this may be boring to some, but as we all know, this is a huge milestone in ones life. I had no idea that my daughter was taking her drivers exam today. She popped home and announced she got her drivers license! I was so proud of her ( oh and felt a bit old sitting in the passenger seat). She has a lead foot though, kind of scary at times, but I bit my tongue for the most part. Seeing as she will have to pay for her own insurance, I told her she might want to start going the speed limit. She said if she gets a speeding ticket she will lose her license for three months (thats a good thing!)

Anyway, I am a proud parent today! I was the first person she came to see after she got her license, and she said "is there anywhere you want to go mom"? :) Just so happened that I had to return something at a store, and with those funds I bought her some car supplies (air freshener, upholstery cleaner, cd holder, trash holder). Ok, thanks for letting be boast about my girl ;)

:wacko: I absolutely don't believe this post Amber! I just do not believe it! We have to ride 50 hours with our children before they can get a driver's license! :ohmy: They get their driving permit during Driver's Ed 1 and they come home and use it UNTIL...they get into Driver's Ed 2 and learn to drive! :ROFLMAO: By that time, they have in most of their 50 hours!!!
:mad: I'm adopting teenagers and moving to Maine! (my two have their license)

:cool: Congratulations Amber....I am so proud of your daughter. Yes, driving is everything. Here is your medal for bravery.....you are a great Mom!

Stirblue, my daughter had to go through drivers ed as well ( I should have clarified that), she just didnt tell me that she and her dad had an appointment today to get her license, she wanted it to be a surprise for me.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and praise of my daughters' accomplishment. Verablue, you are so right, I dont think I will sleep much now:LOL: Tomorrow is Friday, her first day/and even worse NIGHT out on the road. Dear god let my daughter be safe and practice good sense!

Back
Top Bottom