DS is leaving today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
My son is leaving today in hopes of a better life. I pray he gets his wishes!
Send a prayer for a safe trip, please? He is taking the southern states instead of going through Tennessee. His transfers are in Atlanta Georgia and Charlotte NC. I'm going to be a disaster until Wednesday and know that he made it there safely.:(

Texas,
he has all the good thoughts and prayers I can send..He is going to be okay and make a happy wonderful life for himself. How can he not get ahead, look what a wonderful, loving mom he has.
kadesma:)

Texasgirl, It's not easy, I know. He will make it safely and soundly, they always do. My son went to Italy and I was worried constantly. That was the time my computer decided to crash and I couldn't even communicate with him! Am sending prayers for his safe journey.

i had no idea what worry was, until i had a son.

tell him good luck from us tg, and best wishes for his future.

and a hug for you until, well, i guess you never really stop worrying, do you?
ok, so a hug in perpetuity.

Good luck and a huge hug to both of you. This is the best of times and the worst of times. :)

I know he'll find his niche and do great.

does his niche live down south east?

i guess the resht of his nephewsh are still in texash...:)

Last edited:
He'll do great!
You'll do great!
Life is good and good things will happen for you both!

I feel for you Tex. I know that it won't be long and my oldest will be moving away.

I wish him a safe journey and hope all his dreams come true. Stay strong my friend. We're all here for you!

Prayers, hugs and God's speed to you both. My oldest son will be 36 in December and I still remember crying as I put him on the school bus for his first day of kindergarten. It's all bittersweet. Best part, you had him. Think of how much you'd have missed if you hadn't. :)

Thank you so much!! I didn't realize how hard it was going to be to let him go. I can't seem to stop crying right now. I don't know when he'll be back. Christmas is going to be awful!!!!!!!!!
DH hugged him for the first time in so long! I don't remember the last time I saw that.
Thank you again!!

BT, thansh for the laugh!!

phinz said:
Why is he avoiding Tennessee? Some of the greatest people in the world moved from Texas and now live in Tennessee. ;)

No, it's not that I didn't want him going into Tennessee, it's because he would have had 3 transfers and 4 very long layovers that route. This one doesn't have any layovers and only has the 2 transfers. We went through Tennessee years ago. It takes forever to get through it.:LOL: But it's pretty.

where is he going?
I wish him all the best and I'm sure you will survive ;o)
he is not the small boy anymore and will find his own life ;o)

Sheesh, I almost fell of the chair when I read the title of your post. I though Deadly Sushi was leaving today.:huh:

Texasgirl, I wish your son well and I pray for his safe journey. Letting go is hard. I didn't want to let go of my grandson when he went off to college in September. But he is doing well. Hugs to you...............Linda

Thank you, Linda!! and sorry, LOL
Cara, he is going to be in the area of Greensboro, North Carolina. A looooooong way from momma!!! It will be good for him and make him grow up and be that man I know that he can be!!

TG, hmm... so he is still within civilisation ;o)
we all made our first steps, don't forget.. but I know it's hard for Mums, even my Mum suffered, although I was just moving two streets ahead ;o)

Tg I know this is bittersweet but in the end it'll all work out for the best.
I wish him well. You're a strong woman and you'll make it through this
rough patch. Until then just hang in there.

TG; My youngest daughter jsut moved from Michigan, my home, to Washington State. She did it to surround herself with people who shared her values and dreams, the same dreams and values her mother & I share. Of course we were worried, and it was hard to say goodbye. There were tears, and I still half expect to hear her car pulling into the driveway. But she has gotten a job she loves, and has surrounded herself with good people and quality freinds. I know that she had to leave to grow, to blossom into the great young woman that she is becoming.

My advice to your son is to surround himself with good people. If he does that, he will grow into the best man that he can be. And yes, he, just like all of us, had to move away to become himself, to find out who he is.

He will remember yours and his father's love, and you values. That will help carry him a long way. And expect phone calls.:)

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom