Eagle's Nest Cam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know I heard !!! I was looking at something on here so when it started to screach it scared the heebie jeebies out of me !! Even the dog jumped lmao !

middie said:
I know I heard !!! I was looking at something on here so when it started to screach it scared the heebie jeebies out of me !! Even the dog jumped lmao !

:ROFLMAO: I know, I'm at work and turned it up and my sister was asking me what the heck that screeching was. OOPS:LOL:

OMG, that was AWESOME!! They switched places and were talking to each other. It brought a tree branch of some kind too. Looks like an evergreen like a pine or something.

Last edited:
Makes for a heck of a 'screen saver' if you're not doing anything else on the computer. Chose to watch it through your Windows Media Player and you can make the picture full screen.

OR - - If you choose 'skin mode' you can keep the streaming on top of whatever else you're working on so you can just put it down in the corner of your work screen or something (you go through 'View'/Options to do that).

Last edited:
Looked up the bald eagle, evidently, the male brings foliage when he comes back to the nest. That's cool.

It's done that to me 4 times now, I keep the website up and just click on playin media player. I jsut hate the commercial.

I have such an admiration for them. Even more so now that I've seen one in the wild. Images of them just don't do them justice. You have not seen an Eagle til you see them where they're meant to be.

We have a few Bald Eagles around here, and both Bald and Golden Eagles a little further south, in the Shawnee National Forest and down by the river, where they hang out around the bluffs.
The only ones I've ever seen up closs were at Busch Gardens in Tampa, where they were tethered to a perch while long lines of tourists passed by, taking pictures. I'm sure they were well-treated, but it was kind of sad, really.
They really don't look all that big when they're still. But with their 6-8 foot wing-span, it's a different story when they take flight.

I have a pair of resident hawks that nest somewhere in the nearby woods. We have a big high-line that runs through our property, and I often see one of them perching atop the power pole. Yesterday, I watched one circling the open fields between my woods and the next. The red hawk has a wing-span or 4-5 feet, which is pretty a impressive critter to have in your backyard.

I'm a big bird and critter watcher, as you can tell. I may be home-bound, but at least I'm in a nice spot.

It's funny to watch it turn around on the nest and it uses it's beak for leverage to nestle down onto the eggs.

Constance said:
The red hawk has a wing-span or 4-5 feet, which is pretty a impressive critter to have in your backyard.

I'm a big bird and critter watcher, as you can tell. I may be home-bound, but at least I'm in a nice spot.

way better than TV

Back
Top Bottom