Eat your hearts out, modern students!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mad Cook

Master Chef
Just to make all past, present and future students INSANELY jealous, this is where I shared a flat with two friends in my final year at college. I found it on my Amazon Offers this morning.
http://www.amazingvenues.co.uk/venue/chateau-rhianfa/

It was called Plas Rhianfa then and let as holiday apartmets in the main summer season and as long lets out of season, just fitting in with college semesters. It came complete with antique furniture, pictures, etc. Our sitting room overlooked the gardens and the Menai Straits and the windows were the two double sets immediately under the central oriel/bay windows. We paid £7 per month rent for the flat, which included water rates, heating and electricity - no council tax back then - which was very cheap even in 1969. We were the envy of our fellow students who were in Halls of Residence or grotty, cold cottages and in one case in a tiny caravan! The three of us had a kitty for food, etc., and one day we lost the accounts book. It went all round college before it got back to us and was an object of wonder as we had entered our weekly shopping lists and menus, including the Sunday roast!

They do weddings now and I shudder to think what it costs to get married there!

Back
Top Bottom